Question

Penalty for cancellation?

• 6 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

In my current cell phone plan am I tied to a contract or can we cancel at any time without penalty?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

T-Mobile does not have service contracts, however if you are financing a device or accessory through EIP or JUMP! On Demand then you are responsible for the remaining balance after the cancellation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile doesn’t have service contracts but they go have EIP for financed phones so if you just have a service plan you can cancel anytime without penalty but I suggest canceling and the end of your billing cycle since Tmobile doesn’t prorate the final bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Also, T-Mobile does no prorate partial months when you port out or terminate service. It’s best to do that just before the end of the billing month.

7 hrs ago I signed an agreement to get 3 phones via ups. Can I cancel the agreement without penalty before they ship it out to me?

Userlevel 1

I have been with t mobil over 20 years---i paid off my phone and when i tried to leave i had to pay an additional 250---if you call they will tell me my phone is paid off--I did twice when on the line with the supervisor who needed 250.  I have told hundreds about how much I liked t mobil over the years---now I will tell everyone (and I speak with the general public everyday all day long) to avoid t mobil like the plague it has become.  Please for your own sake never use this company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have been with t mobil over 20 years---i paid off my phone and when i tried to leave i had to pay an additional 250---if you call they will tell me my phone is paid off--I did twice when on the line with the supervisor who needed 250.  I have told hundreds about how much I liked t mobil over the years---now I will tell everyone (and I speak with the general public everyday all day long) to avoid t mobil like the plague it has become.  Please for your own sake never use this company.

Here's the requirements to unlock your phone, once you meet the requirements Tmobile will automatically unlock the phones as long as there's no outstanding balance on the account and the account is in good standing.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy