Question

Phone Ceased Sending Text Messages

• 15 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

My Nokia G50 suddenly began to not be able to send text/SMS messages. It was fine right up to yesterday evening. Now, the interesting thing is when I logged on here, I opted to receive the verification code via my phone. It came through right away - no issues. But two text messages I sent early this morning still show “Sending” meaning the messages aren’t going through. Why is this?

Further, I notice my SIM Status says ATT instead of T-Mobile. Why is that?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

roaming on their network perhaps?

Badge

I shouldn’t be roaming because I’m at home using my home wifi which is served by Spectrum. Yet the phone insists I’m on ATT. Even the SIM notice in the upper left corner which used to indicate it was T-Mobile claims it is ATT. And the fact I can’t send text/sms messages remains a reality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

just because youre connected to your wifi doesnt mean your phone isnt also still connecting to the mobile network..you can be on wifi and have TMO towers down around you and be forced to roam onto whomevers towers are available and allowed.

I cant send SMS messages or text messages with my android phone. Can somebody help or have any idea to fix it? thank you in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What type of phone besides Android and have you tried a different sms app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What device are you using and is it a T-Mobile device or a BYOD?

I have an iPhone 11 why weren’t the texts I was sending being received I’m not great with phone/computer stuff. I called T-Mobile last month they said nothing was wrong had me reset it and said they ran diagnostics. I had already reset it multiple times I had a job that paid enough to support myself and cover my moms rent, prescriptions, groceries that Soc sec wasn’t enough for. That job required me to text my boss everyday to find out what job site he text me off due to weather I texted every day on group texts n just him nothing back no replies they didn’t get my messages I drove 2 hours to the corporate office after I received a paycheck in the mail n a letter of termination for not contacting anyone. So if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know this issue has cost me $1,200 a week in pay it’s winter replacing my job is impossible right now