Question

phone number deactived, can i get it back?

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey team,

So I had a phone number for my whole life. I moved overseas and changed to a prepay plan of 5$ a month to keep it active.  I changed cards and ended up not paying the account for a few months.  Now its deactivated and the phone number appears not able to be reactivated.

I went into multiple stores and sat on the phone with different people, nobody seemed to have a clue what to do.

Anyone know how I can get my lifelong number back?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If the number has gone more than 60 days without an active plan.  The number is put into the pool of numbers to be recycled.  You could always request the number to see if it is still available, but it is more t han likely not.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I assume you have tried making a call to your deactivated number.  If someone answers, they now own the number.

I believe that T-Mobile will recycle deactivated phone numbers from 45 to 90 days after deactivation.  Then it can be assigned to a new person or business.  Perhaps T-Mobile can tell you the date the number was deactivated.

If you get a number not in service message when calling your old number, and it is 90 days after it was deactivated, you might try opening a new prepaid phone account.   Ask if your old number is available to be assigned to the prepaid account.