Question

Poor Retail Store Support

• 20 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Moved six months ago from S Tampa and thought I would stop by the nearest TMO store as I was looking for a new speed charger for an (older) S10.  Walked in, only 3-4 customers in the store; two elderly women sitting with sales associates, another customer sitting by the window, store associate at counter.  First, not a single employee even acknowledged me when I walked in, then I walked around the store looking at the accessories for 5-10 minutes, but I wanted to be sure I purchased the correct charger since my phone was older.  No one offered any help, so I finally gave up and walked out - it was crazy, like I was invisible.  This store doesn’t need my revenue.  Needless to say, I went home and purchased a charger online (NOT from TMO).  Jon Freier would be ashamed.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was it a TMO brick and mortar store or a 3rd party owned TMO store? big difference between the two when it comes to how theyre run.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Who's John Frier and why would you go to a Tmobile store and pay inflated pricing for a quick charger?

Badge

fireguy - It was a TMO Corporate Store, not a dealer.  Yes, I know the difference - hence, why I wanted some assistance from a TMO employee, which I didn’t get.

gramps - if you’re a TMO employee and you don’t know who Jon Freier is, that’s unfortunate.  Again, I went to the TMO store to get personal service and I wanted an OEM product, not some dealer knock-off.  Either way, I ordered one directly from Samsung.

After working for TMO for 20+ years, I was surprised and disappointed with the lack of attention from the entire retail team.  I understand why brick & mortar stores are rapidly closing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you mean John Legere the ex CEO of Tmobile? BTW not a Tmobile employee.

fireguy - It was a TMO Corporate Store, not a dealer.  Yes, I know the difference - hence, why I wanted some assistance from a TMO employee, which I didn’t get.

gramps - if you’re a TMO employee and you don’t know who Jon Freier is, that’s unfortunate.  Again, I went to the TMO store to get personal service and I wanted an OEM product, not some dealer knock-off.  Either way, I ordered one directly from Samsung.

After working for TMO for 20+ years, I was surprised and disappointed with the lack of attention from the entire retail team.  I understand why brick & mortar stores are rapidly closing.

Badge

gramps - NO, I don’t mean that egotistical John Legere (glad he and his Ferrari are gone).

Are gramps & fireguy associated with TMO just replying off the street?  I’m curious since no one has replied to my original area of concern - the lack of support/response by TMO staff.  Fortunately, I only visit a retail store every 4-5 years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a user-to-user forum with some Tmobile moderation. If you want to contact Tmobile you need to use messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media accounts. That’s where the tier 2 support is at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

gramps - NO, I don’t mean that egotistical John Legere (glad he and his Ferrari are gone).

Are gramps & fireguy associated with TMO just replying off the street?  I’m curious since no one has replied to my original area of concern - the lack of support/response by TMO staff.  Fortunately, I only visit a retail store every 4-5 years.

what does my signature say in the very first post up top there from yesterday?