Solved

Port-out passcode

• 8 September 2019
  • 6 replies

I need to port out 1 of my 5 numbers. Other carrier requires a passcode for t-mo. How do I set such a code?

icon

Best answer by gabrielsroka 12 June 2022, 22:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Through Customer Care.  It is usually something only the primary account holder has or can have set.

Userlevel 1

Guidelines:

• Update Password/PIN must be Done by Primary Accnt Holder
  • Should be w/ BRP to   Process/Request
  • If you have an existing account, it has to be current before porting in a number.
  • Port-ins from an existing wireless carrier can take up to 24 hours, though it is generally much faster, as quick as 10 to 30 minutes. Transferring from a landline  can take longer, up to 10 business days, though fewer days is typical.
  • Keep your service active with the other carrier while porting.
  • You'll get a text message from T-Mobile to let you know the porting process started.

Give us a call

Customer Care & Technical Support available 24/7
Wireless Postpaid TEX Support available 7 a.m -9 p.m. local time

From a T-Mobile phone: 611

From another phone: 1-877-746-0909

Hearing and speech impaired: +1-877-296-1018 (3 a.m. to 10 p.m. PT daily)

While roaming internationally: +1-505-998-3793

Prepaid Support

Activate your account: 1-877-778-2107

Manage your account: 1-877-778-2106

Refill your account: 1-877-720-5195

Can someone answer this properly please? If I need to port out a number is the PIN my account passcode or is it a different number I need to call customer service to get? Why is this hidden information your customers are not allowed to know? It's exactly this kind of disrespect for your customers that has me porting out my number to begin with. LEARN SOMETHING.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah, I’m bummed that you’re looking to port out. We definitely don’t want you to leave. The PIN should be the one you use to access your account. Have you contacted Care to chat with them about what you’re looking to do?

you can do this on the website now, you don’t need to call

My Account > Profile > Line Settings > Request a transfer PIN

you can do this on the website now, you don’t need to call

My Account > Profile > Line Settings > Request a transfer PIN

There is no such option in Line Settings. You can request PORT IN pin on “Change a phone number” link but there is no PIN OUT option. Web chat says the wait time is over an hour ;)