Solved

Reactivating deactivated sim card

• 29 September 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is it possible to reactivate a SIM card after canceling it (like switching to eSIM) on another line?

It is a TM9260 sim, I got it in 2016 and was just deactivated a few days ago. Is it possible to reactivate it?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 29 September 2023, 22:06

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No.  Once a SIM card is deactivated.  It is no longer usable.  SIM cards are single activation only.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

No.  Once a SIM card is deactivated.  It is no longer usable.  SIM cards are single activation only.  

Really? I asked on another platform and they all say yes as long as the employee has the right tools, like tech support can reprogram it or something. Someone said that they were able to do it with normal customer support within 10 minutes. Not sure what is true or not though 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have not heard of a SIM being reactivated.  You can purchase a new SIM and activate it but SIM's are designed to be single use only.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have not heard of a SIM being reactivated.  You can purchase a new SIM and activate it but SIM's are designed to be single use only.  

It’s possible, but just wasn’t sure with my old sim. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there. It is really nice to have the extra physical sim card so you don't have to go out and buy another one. The answer is a bit more complicated than a simple yes or no. When a sim card is no longer being used on a phone number, it is considered “deactivated”. Usually, deactivated sim cards can be reactivated and used on another phone number. Sim cards do have an expiration date, though. So, if the sim card is not active when that date comes up, they are “terminated” and cannot be reused. If you have the sim card active on a line when the expiration date comes up, nothing happens and it continues to work just fine. 

If you want to DM me the sim number, I am able to view the current status. I would not be able to update it to a phone number, but I can at least save you a call. :) 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey there. It is really nice to have the extra physical sim card so you don't have to go out and buy another one. The answer is a bit more complicated than a simple yes or no. When a sim card is no longer being used on a phone number, it is considered “deactivated”. Usually, deactivated sim cards can be reactivated and used on another phone number. Sim cards do have an expiration date, though. So, if the sim card is not active when that date comes up, they are “terminated” and cannot be reused. If you have the sim card active on a line when the expiration date comes up, nothing happens and it continues to work just fine. 

If you want to DM me the sim number, I am able to view the current status. I would not be able to update it to a phone number, but I can at least save you a call. :) 

Hope this helps!

Alright thanks. So it’s possible even if it’s a 2016 sim (I got it in 2016, not deactivated it then, just recently deactivated)? Also do you know when the date comes for when a deactivated sim is terminated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if youre meaning when does the phone number end up getting recycled then i think thats 60 or 90 days of it being inactive.

Userlevel 4
Badge

if youre meaning when does the phone number end up getting recycled then i think thats 60 or 90 days of it being inactive.

What I mean is if a number gone the sim gets transferred to e-sim, I was wondering if I could reactivate that previous sim on another number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might be something useful in here about it..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/sim-esim

Userlevel 4
Badge

might be something useful in here about it..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/sim-esim

I checked that. Nothing about what I’m looking for. 

Badge

Hi,

I was in Germany for 8 years and then left returned to my country. Now my SIM card has been deactivated because I did not use it. Is it possible to activated it again?

Best regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I was in Germany for 8 years and then left returned to my country. Now my SIM card has been deactivated because I did not use it. Is it possible to activated it again?

Best regards,

No.  Once a SIM card has been deactivated, it can't be reactivated.  You will need to visit your local T-Mobile store, purchase a new SIM, and get a new number.