Rebate keeps getting denied repeatedly (everyday)

• 24 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone, 

My problem is simple yet extremely annoying  and it seems like the T mobile customer support is helpless. I switched to T mobile two months or so ago and they had a promotion of “bring your line/phone, and get $200 off per line” (upto 4 lines per account).

I ported 7 lines and applied for the rebate on 4 of the lines (as stated by the promotion). After 6-8 weeks I check the status and it says “Denied” with “no eligible/Port in found”. So I called the customer support and after an hour or so of verification, the lady manually approves all the rebates. She told me that I will get a text for a virtual mastercard/visa so I should keep checking for the status. At that point I was relieved and thought it was all done. 

The very next day I check the rebate status page and  it says denied again with the same exact reason. So I called again, went through the same 1 hour of verification and the person manually approves everything and tells me to keep checking. So all good and i thought it was done. 

The very next day I checked the rebate status and guess what ? Denied again.. called again - wasted 1 hour again and got it approved - the very next day denied again.. I have called 8 times on 8 separate days and I keep running into the same issue no matter what -

Now i am extremely frustrated and I don’t want to call again unless I know I can find someone who can help me. Can anyone help me or suggest a solution ? 

PS:  I just dealt with a lost phone during the shipping process on another line (separate) than these and that almost took me 1.5 months to fix. At this point I am almost regretting the switch. 

9 replies

Badge

I understand your frustration. They told me that I was going to get Netflix and Quibi free for a year. Then I was told that my digitz line is not a second line, after being told previously that it was and I was eligible for the free offer. I’m going back to Verizon and deal with them. T-Mobile is just as bad as Sprint.

Badge

I’ve been having the same issues along with hardly any signal.  I’ll be reporting to BBB.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes we reported to BBB and Texas Attorney General Deceptive trade practices 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Have you tried physically going to a T-Mobile location and seeing if they can assist there? I ported my family's lines back in November and I've had nothing but garbage since then. I gave up on calling customer service because I'd wait on hold 45 minutes only to talk to someone who would say they understood my frustrations; more often than not spoke broken English;  would have me on the phone another hour-and-a-half, only to find the matter still hadn't been resolved... No. Our local store knows the phone reps are incompetent and do whatever they can to make each transaction as smooth as possible. I walk in there and ask them all kinds of questions. I'd rather drive 15 minutes out of my way in a pandemic than listen to more BS and have even more of my time wasted by those people on the phone! Oh I'm all fired up now, lol. 

Hello everyone, 

My problem is simple yet extremely annoying  and it seems like the T mobile customer support is helpless. I switched to T mobile two months or so ago and they had a promotion of “bring your line/phone, and get $200 off per line” (upto 4 lines per account).

I ported 7 lines and applied for the rebate on 4 of the lines (as stated by the promotion). After 6-8 weeks I check the status and it says “Denied” with “no eligible/Port in found”. So I called the customer support and after an hour or so of verification, the lady manually approves all the rebates. She told me that I will get a text for a virtual mastercard/visa so I should keep checking for the status. At that point I was relieved and thought it was all done. 

The very next day I check the rebate status page and  it says denied again with the same exact reason. So I called again, went through the same 1 hour of verification and the person manually approves everything and tells me to keep checking. So all good and i thought it was done. 

The very next day I checked the rebate status and guess what ? Denied again.. called again - wasted 1 hour again and got it approved - the very next day denied again.. I have called 8 times on 8 separate days and I keep running into the same issue no matter what -

Now i am extremely frustrated and I don’t want to call again unless I know I can find someone who can help me. Can anyone help me or suggest a solution ? 

PS:  I just dealt with a lost phone during the shipping process on another line (separate) than these and that almost took me 1.5 months to fix. At this point I am almost regretting the switch. 

I am having a very similar issue. Did your’s get resolved?

Problems problems problems can't get paramount plus redeemed sent activation 3x  can't get $200 gift card   It goes on and on  stores refuse yes refuse ( they are commission)  customer service 611 friendly nice bit have yet to get resolution after speaking over 1 dozen times in less than 4 months  I'm exhausted  if you are toying with the idea of transferring to Tmobile because of all the freebies and incentives   ---  FORGET IT  it's not worth the hours of frustration to only still be at square one over and over with each representative you talk to  

I come from customer service background training etc and my prediction is if you think it's bad now?!   Just wait  the whole idea of NO ACCOUNTABILITY for services purchases ( Tmobile store couldn't give me a date of when they said insurance was added to my phone- I never did --YOURE KIDDING RIGHT?  They record no dates?!)  things are headed for much worse with AI   READ A RETSILERS MAGAZINE THAT REPORTED IN 10 years 75% of customer service jobs will be eliminated --buckle up!  For customers to be shorted denied and taken advantage of bc no one is accountable for the computer program helping us  

I absolutely feel your pain.  It’s been horrible to go through this bait-and-switch process.  I started in July and it’s been denied twice so far.  The process is tedious.  It speaks VOLUMES about a company who would let this happen to new customers.  #T-Farce #RebateAndSwitch #TheUghCarrier  

Has anyone gotten this resolved?  We changed over with the promise of a rebate and now are denied. Clear case of fraud. How do we proceed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents. much higher fix rate than the call in agents.