Solved

Received Fake Phishing Txt that looked like tmobile

• 9 December 2019
  • 7 replies

I called into support and she had no idea what I was talking about or grasp of receiving a fake text.   It came from the same type of auth text 456 and had the call 611 but a non 800 - hopefully allowing the fear of a charge to cause the user to click and call:

See below:

icon

Best answer by jdm2009 10 December 2019, 22:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hmmm.  That looks legit.  The number mentioned is the number to call from an international location.

International roaming checklist

You should give Customer Care a call to see why you received that message.

You are right I checked Contact Us  and the number is listed.   I found the same info on reddit after searching the number.   It's weird, I called customer service and there is no issues with the account.   Ghost in the machine spam???

Oddly enough I received another one today a few minutes ago.   There is no way to block the number (456)

I just got off the phone with a helpful support tech.  It turns out two call over the past two days were to Singapore at $3.00 a minute.   The number was embedded into a Webex Join by Phone causing the $123.00 in charges.   Not a tmobile issue - a user error and no 1-800 number to join calls that fail over webex.   Watch your numbers when clicking on them.

Is this a legit email address: 

from: *T-Mobile-Confirmation* <FJUUT5B6MSD8@cattect.live>
to: bmenor2010@gmail.com
date: Dec 4, 2022, 2:44 PM
subject: "You have won an iPhone14 Pro" BMENOR
mailed-by: cattect.live
signed-by: cattect.live
security:  cattect.live did not encrypt this message Learn more
cleardot.gif:

Important according to Google magic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Live is an email address from the UK so my guess it's a spam email.

I received an e-mail purportedly from T-Mobile asking me to fill out a Survey.  I almost replied, until I  noticed it addressed me with “Hey Andrea,”  which is definitely NOT my name.  Also, the “To” name was “Andrea Bonier” (also not my name). It was extremely well crafted to look like it came from T-Mobile.  Subject was “T-Mobile requests your feedback!”  I won’t post the link here because one of you might click on it to your detriment.   Anyway, my question is:  Is there somewhere/somebody to whom I can forward the e-mail so that this phishing attempt may possibly be thwarted in the future or caught and sent to spam or suchlike?  Thanks.