Refusal to refund for returned device

• 11 October 2021
  • 7 replies

I recently returned a home internet device that was defective in exchange for a device that works. The defective device was returned on Aug. 12, 2021. I kept receiving emails about making sure the device was retuned in a timely manner; I called several times & was assured I would not be charged for the device. On Sept. 30, $501.67 was drafted out of my account for the device they are saying was not returned. I have the tracking # and proof of delivery stating when, where, what time, & weight of the return. T-Mobile continues to say they cannot find the device, & when they find it, they will refund my money. As a customer & person who always does things in the right way, I cannot fathom how T-Mobile justifies taking money from me when I have proof it was delivered. The proof of delivery states it was delivered on 8/12/21 at 10:26 AM. Now, in my opinion, if T-Mobile cannot put their hands on something that was delivered to them on August 12th, it sounds like there is a problem in their warehouse!! My responsibility on returning the defective device ended on the date it was delivered; the responsibility is now T-Mobile’s. I should never have been charged, & I want my money back. 

Anyone have any advice on handling this matter because apparently, having the tracking # & proof of delivery means nothing! 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

$501.67 was drafted out of my account for the device they are saying was not returned.

Thought the device was around $360 for non-return.

Were there any additional fees added on?

Anyone know if it is possible to return these devices to stores, so that transfer of ownership can occur and be proven locally, eliminating shipping and warehouse receiving problems?

The device was $380.75. Additional charges they added to the device amounted to $65.92. I am due a refund in the amount of $446.67. 
The remaining part of the bill is the monthly amount I pay for home internet services. 

Same story here. I returned an iPhone 13 Pro Max unopened to T-mobile’s Texas warehouse on May 28, 2022. I have the UPS tracking receipt. TMO received it on June 2, 2022. It is July 15, and they have been giving me the same story every time I call: We can’t find the phone. It’s in the warehouse, but we don’t have it.

The T-mobile customer service experts are nice and polite, but they are unable to help. They will “escalate” it. Basically that means they kick it up to their supervisor, who is supposed to take care of the issue. More than a month and three escalations later, NOTHING. T-mobile, what is going on??

T mobile has been playing games! I have had trouble with my phone so I got a replacement phone. In the process I had alot going on. I could not get the replacement phone to connect to wifi so  I could upload all my information . I went to  the store several times to be turned away because the line was to long and they had attitude in helping me with the transfer of my phone information. When I finally was able to get to the store located in the lowell location the rude customer service reps wanted to charge me 35.00 dollars for a transfer fee! I was mad and said no I am no paying ! The then told me that the phone was not worth the trouble to send it back. I called many times complaining about this issues and finally said that I need to send the replacement phone back. Now T mobile charged me$ 590.00 For my replacement phone!  I have my  tracking information and now  they  cant find it and all the trouble I have gone through with this mess my phone still has issues and no refund just extra money on t he lies that T mobile has provided and loss of money! They got the phone ! why am I paying this fee when I returned the phone that was never used!! RIP OFF !!! NOW I NEED PAY OFF THE BALANCE TO GET OUT OF THE SCAM THAT THEY HAVE CREATED !  STAY AWAY FROM T MOBILE~!!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND I AM CONTACTING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU !!! STAY AWAY FROM T MOBLE FOLKS!!!!! HOW DO THEY  MAKE US FEEL LIKE WE DID WRONG! WE SENT BACK THE PHONES! WHY ARE WE GETTING CHARGES FOR ALL THE ISSUES WE HAD AND STILL HAVING TO DEAL WITH ! 

I feel your pain. 

Badge

Same thing is happening to me with a wifi box. They keep suspending my service for a $400 past due bill for the wifi box. I sent the box back and have tracking. WTH is wrong with these internet/cell companies. What a mess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Use the Fair Credit Billing Act.