Question

Request Timeout on T-Mobile Website

Badge

I'm getting a request timeout error when attempting to do anything related to my account on the T-Mobile website. I can't view my account make any changes or access the majority of features.

14 replies

Same thing happening to me. 

Same problem. Had to call and do account updates over the phone.  Could not use website past a few initial screens. I tried to log out and log back in, but couldn’t even log back in half of the time, and when i succeeded … same problem as the start.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are your web browsers up to date?  Do you have any popup, ad, or script blockers enabled?  Try using Firefox or Edge.

Of course there is no rush  this way they can keep overcharging you  this problem has been ongoing throughout the websites history   They've changed my plan added insurance all unbeknownst to me  standing in the store they see a different plan than when I talk to 611!  I've been told 3 times 3 times a code was being sent for me to return a phone and after 4 months of 40+ hours  Trying TO RESOLVE ---NADA-NOTHING minus NOTHING IS RESOLVED   I only signed up for one! after showing documentation of my signup  the store offers no resolution  WHY?  Bc all the part time staff ARE             

APPROX early 20’s AND  ALL  ARE driving BMW’s  due to straight

COMMISSION  SALES JOBS 

I curse myself for leaving yet another horrible provider Verizon after almost 15 years   But this company Tmobile?  They take the being customer service UNFRIENDLY & UNHELPFUL to a whole new level  I've told all of my friendsnever transfer to this company  you should do the same  

I’m getting the same ‘connection timeout’ issue, especially on prepaid.t-mobile.com, this site is so frustrating!

Even when I was able to access a week ago, that site is so bad it is literally impossible to put through a plan order for an existing sim.The checkout button after all info is entered doesn’t do anything 99% of the time so your stuck. Redoing the process and entering the same sim number as before suddenly gives an error straight away that this sim is invalid for t-mobile… the same number that 5 mins

ago worked!

Are your web browsers up to date?  Do you have any popup, ad, or script blockers enabled?  Try using Firefox or Edge.

I tried everything, it still doesn’t work

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and the TMO app is out of the question to try and use?

and the TMO app is out of the question to try and use?

I am having the same problem again today in both an updated Firefox and Google Chrome on my Omen 15 Laptop, you know where I can type with 10 fingers instead of a stylus one letter at time on a $1000 non-responsive Samsung Galaxy S22+ cell screen, have 2 hard drives for storing endless files/information where there is no fee for using the Omen like there is for the cloud. And guess what, the battery in the Omen and all my other computers over the past 2 decades have never swollen and threatened to explode or pushed the screen out excessively from the rest of the device requiring immediate removal of files and photos which basically can’t be done unless you use the proprietary cloud option that comes with the phone instead of a cable from phone to laptop like I could do with older phones and all my cameras. And new studies show there is less cognitive function and reading comprehension on small cell phone screens compared to larger laptop and computer screens, so why in the universe’s name does the Global Corporate Community keep pushing their creepy apps on nasty little phones. Why doesn't T-Mobile in all their, 8 times hacked website wisdom, just fix the website and keep it fixed?

Just called T-Mobile Customer Care and was told by the rep that these errors, “Secure Connection Failed” in the Firefox web browser and “Request Timeout” in Google Chrome are caused by the T-Mobile.com website being updated.

Then they have been “updating” T-mobile website for a couple of years now.

🤔

Just called T-Mobile Customer Care and was told by the rep that these errors, “Secure Connection Failed” in the Firefox web browser and “Request Timeout” in Google Chrome are caused by the T-Mobile.com website being updated.

“Request timeout” also with MS Edge and Google even after cache is cleared and a reboot. Hard to believe they are updating.  My bank clearly lets me know when they are updating.  Wonder where the servers are.  Germany? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The servers were down for about an hour today on this forum.

Thank you! I am in now. Wish the T-mobile server would not “appear” to give Request Timeout. “Error 404 access denied” would clearly inform us of a connection/server outage. 

I couldn’t get to my account in Edge or Chrome or Firefox. Then, I paused my NordVPN for 5 minutes and got in just fine. I hope this is helpful...