Question

Respect for Death of Sole/Primary Member

• 5 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 1 reply

I, Son, Called and and notified T-Mobile of my father (The Sole T-Mobile Member) of his death and I was told the account would be closed but the account is still active, they have charged his credit card (I turned off auto pay), and now they are sending paper bills. 

How do I get T-Mobile to cancel the account and respect his passing?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry for the loss. Did you have all the needed information to complete the cancellation?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/cancel-an-account-of-a-deceased-family-member

Badge

Yes, I had 100% of the information and was even told the account would be canceled but they continued charging his credit card and even after turning off autopay they are now sending paper bills. 

FYI, that link only covers “Authorized users” as if the primary account holder cancels the users. Does not cover the primary/sole member’s death. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting TMobile support using messenger on one of their social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter. They are a higher tier of support.

I didn't read anything about needing a death certificate in that link either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I would: 1) make sure his phone is unlocked 2) write a letter informing T-Mobile of your father’s passing and instructing them to close his account. A letter of appointment as executor would be good to enclose.