Question

Selected Bar data MI now hotspot doesnt work anymore?

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Pretty much this. How is it possible that I can select a feature that renders my device useless without warning? How can I get rid of this? (Can’t get ahold of anyone on the customer service phone.) Yes, it is a data only device, RG2100 5G Mobile Hotspot

2 replies

Badge

For anyone who cares (so likely not t mobile): I finally got someone on the phone, and after talking to someone for 20 mins without a result, they had a more advanced technician turn off the Bar data mi option, this solved the problem. (she actually called it a blockage, but it must have been a result of me selecting that option)

This option effectively renders a mobile hotspot de-activated as far as I’m concerned. So the description needs to be made much clearer.

(I selected it because I thought it would possibly change something about my hotspots priority in the data congestion situation I had yesterday. The priority was clearly low because my t-mobile based phone still had okay internet. A normal brain would NOT expect an option to backfire like that and just make the hotspot useless in its entirety. Good job guys)

I found where to select the option and found out I am not able to deselect it this seems like a scam on T-mobiles part. It’s an obvious scheme if they don’t see these complaints and work to fix them. I am having a hard time understanding why companies act in this way, it’s criminal.