Question

Sending Messages Failing

• 19 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

I have been having lots of issues lately with text messages failing to send, as well as receiving text messages in large batches.  In fact, I have received some text messages with a 3-4 day delay! 

This issue happens both when connected to wifi as well as on the mobile network.

I thought it would be best to just buy a new phone, but my new phone that’s only a few hours old has started doing the exact same thing, where certain messages will show as “sending” for a long time and then end up failing to send.  

Should I look into a replacement SIM card?

Having looked at some other threads, I note that this one looks very similar:

There didn’t appear to be any resolution there.

10 replies

Badge

A new sim card from a T Mobile store has not resolved this issue. 

Badge

If it’s any help, network diagnostics on one of my phones say the internet speed is 3 kilobits down and 0.68 kilobits up, so something is very wrong.  The retail associate looked up my address and said there were ample towers in the area and service shouldn’t be a problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the site here is primarily peer to peer assistance with a handful of adminds/moderators to keep the site in order only..they do not have account access so are of no deeper assistance..

with that being said..does the problem follow you for more than say 5+ miles in any direction you go from your main home/problem area?

also what phone do you have?

Badge

The problem follows me for more than 20 miles in all directions.  In my assortment of phones, I have:

LG G5

Xiomi M9T

Cubot Max 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what was the old phone you switched from?

Badge

I have been using the Xiaomi M9T for about a year, started having problems about a month ago, then got the Cubot to rule out the phone as an issue.  Though the LG technically works, it’s in rough shape so I don’t consider it to be the most reliable data point. 

Badge

I ported out of T-mobile to Mint and magically all of these issues resolved themselves instantly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im wondering if a certain band was removed or changed at your closest locations causing this..not sure which all bands those phones use or lack that TMO/Sprint uses/used. once you leave the area fully 20+ miles do you start getting signal back? is it by chance in a larger city area that you regain signal? and are the bad signal areas more in a rural type area?

Badge

Nope, I could drive 75 miles to our main office and have nearly no service the entire way.  Porting out to Mint (which uses the exact same towers and bands) fixed the issue instantly, but I also notice that some Mint customers run into this issue as well.

I can only assume that this is a problem internally to T Mobile that they either don’t know about or don’t want to spend the money to address, so I’m sure down the road I will be porting back to T Mobile when my phone randomly stops working.

T mobile tech told me to turn airplane mode on and off, it works but 5 times a day