Question

sim unlock for non user

• 23 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello T mobile, I just purchased a used iphone 12 pro and trying to use my sim card and the phone is locked to you guys, how do I unlock it or to send a request ?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile only unlocks phones for Tmobile customers.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device

No carrier has the ability to unlock any phone in store; it can only be done over the phone by speaking to customer care.

Some android devices can be unlocked from the phone itself by using an unlock code however, iPhones specifically have to be unlocked by calling the original vendor and/ or the most recent phone service provider. 

Just give T-mobile’s customer service department a call and say “unlock my phone”, you’ll have to speak to representative, tell them you need your phone unlocked, they will need the IMEI of your device which can be found in your settings: click “general”, click “about”, scroll until you see “IMEI”. 

It takes a full 72 hours to unlock a phone. This same process is applicable to unlocking any phone at any company. 

If the phone was not paid off by the original owner and/ or has been reported lost or stolen, it will never be eligible to be unlocked. 

Please note that phones which were sold by any carrier initially, and have been paid off and previously unlocked but then taken to a new carrier can sometimes become locked to the new carriers network. An example of this scenario would be: T-Mobile selling the original device to the original owner, them paying off their phone and getting it unlocked, and then switching service to AT&T using their newly unlocked phone. AT&T automatically locks all phones to their network, despite not being the original vendor therefore, AT&T would be responsible to unlock it.

Companies that are known to automatically lock a phone with or without it being originally sold by them include AT&T, Spectrum Mobile, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Family Mobile, and Straight Talk to name a few. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's an article from the Tmobile moderator. Once eligible you will receive a sms letting you know the phone is unlocked.

https://community.t-mobile.com/device-unlock-30/need-to-unlock-a-device-here-s-some-information-to-get-you-started-49213

I am from pakistan my name is asif i have iphone 12 it is blocked by t mobile all its charges are complete this phone is clear request you to unblock it so that i can run my sim i am very worried I am unable to contact my family due to this blockage. Please unblock 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The conditions of Pakistan are very bad. It is difficult to earn a single rupee here. I earned money with hard work and took this phone, but now what should I do? I came to work far from my family, but what happened to me? Please unlock my carrier. The currency of Pakistan is very devalued, one dollar equals to 305 rupees. I can't change this mobile with money, it costs 61000 rupees, it means 200 dollars to change it.

Imei:35 251342 992578 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am from pakistan my name is asif i have iphone 12 it is blocked by t mobile all its charges are complete this phone is clear request you to unblock it so that i can run my sim i am very worried I am unable to contact my family due to this blockage. Please unblock 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The conditions of Pakistan are very bad. It is difficult to earn a single rupee here. I earned money with hard work and took this phone, but now what should I do? I came to work far from my family, but what happened to me? Please unlock my carrier. The currency of Pakistan is very devalued, one dollar equals to 305 rupees. I can't change this mobile with money, it costs 61000 rupees, it means 200 dollars to change it.

Imei:35 251342 992578 3

It doesn't matter what your reasoning is to want the SIM Unlock.  If you are not a T-Mobile USA customer and if your account and the device does not neet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  No SIM unlock from T-Mobile will be processed!

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy