Question

Sims card cloning.

• 30 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

hour ago

Well Here's one sir that won't be solved by T-Mobile. It's not about my new provider.

It's about my experience with one of your franchise Retail stores in San Luis Obispo California 728 Marsh st T-Mobile West LLC I was a Verizon customer most of my life and Decided to switch over to get a better G5 Walked in with my fairly new Motorola Edge to get the $800 off and get a new Samsung ultra. And the ultimate package for internet 4. young employees doing nothing Ask if they had the ultra That I would just take it home and transfer My Verizon account to t-mobile on my own. I know how to postpone Over the phone And transfer the information from phone to phone. They told me they didn't have it and that they had the model lower plus. And insisted I would never find the ultra Will push and shove they talk to me into it And insisted that they would do the. Postpin and activate the news phone I agree excited to get the new phone I gave him my edge with a Sims card in it They started Process automatically Fraud alert popped up I'd like to say one employee but all of them were working on it Made several Attempts Through customer service try to get It activated they said cannot be done And I heard all of it over the phone thought not I'll just Ordered online. They stop me and said they can get around it by making One more phone call I was very frustrated and said one more chance is already been 2 hours in the process I was put on the phone with a person asked me personally information and verified with my credit card as I was trying to activate a phone from my Verizon account to my T-Mobile account and that was me doing it After hanging up Employees brought out another Sims card put it on the table and pulled the one out of my phone and the new phone Told me to give it a couple of hours And deactivate with one Of the 2 cards I said OK I looked down started to grab my old Verizon card and he grabbed it and said don't worry I'll Shred He taped it on a piece of paper.

All the employees were standing there Watching this I thought doesn't sound Right if there was no problems with The Activation I asked him about the other phone no need it. He said I would be charged $200 more than the $600 that I Already paid and it would be added on the first 2 months on my auto pay I left and waited Hours later taking both cards in and out of the phone finally got activated Started using the internet work great phone look good So I went to my computer and connected the phone to download pictures from a card I had and when the gallery showed up there was pictures on My phone that I never took And from what I could make out

There was 2 gentlemen and one of them definitely was in South America somewhere Immediately I made a call to a relative that's in-law enforcement cyber Division and explain to him what happened Can you tell me they probably cloned another card and when I download the pictures They had pictures on the phone that the card was in with my number That wasn't deleted and I just happened to get it from the cloud Explain him what happened he said yes that's probably it he says it failed the first time and just kept your card and waited till you left and did It Again And it worked I immediately got on the phone call With my credit card companies and banks and suspended my account Take a drive to the Store one Employee There Told Him.

I need that sim card and any sims card that was cloned And I needed to get in contact with the owner Of course nothing He looks at me like hes in the what the h*** is going on right? Next day call my credit card company hour after I went to the store. Someone attempted to reopen the account with my phone number as evidence that didn't succeed Went back to the store and pleaded with him. Please do not sell my social security number which they had and credit card information which they had Please do not put it out there to hackers Call my relatives and he told me you need To take the phone to another provider get a new phone number. Call your banks and Strengthen your security number I asked him How do I know that my information is not on the Web for hackers He told me to go get a prepaid put a minimal amount On it and put the number on your Amazon account and wait a day. Didn't take a day took 6 hours somebody in Illinois without a tracking number Manage to Hackett and get all the money out of it. So I assume well I know that all my personal information is out there I'm in the process of getting a new Social security number As far as The $800 off Of course They lied I owe $800 on this phone They added insurance which I did not approve of I told them no I Manage to get that taken off through customer service Thank you Customer service made Numerous attempts to get ahold of the owner Maybe he does not know what's going on but I doubt it When owners are behind LLC They're hard to make Responsible for their actions in courts On a dare From the local businesses on the same street Of the T-Mobile store I put a big sign on my truck ln front saying they were cloning their customers cards beware still no response from the owner I doubt you can help me and I don't expect any help.

I'll just move on to another phone company it would sure be nice if you Would Look into your franchise partners in San Luis Obispo California Because they're flying you're flag on their store That's probably why I drop my guard This is the kind of thing that happens at a swap meet or phone repair stores not T-Mobile stores.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe @HeavenM  can help you

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Wow! That is a really rough experience and I can pass along this feedback. It is good that you have someone in law enforcement. You may want to file an official report with your local law enforcement about the impact to your information. You should also contact our customer service teams to file an incident report. I would file one for you now, but I don’t have access to account information that is necessary to file a complete and accurate report.