SOLVED Voicemails not showing up until days after they were left

• 3 December 2020
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

IPhone8+

I’ve struggled with delayed call and voicemail notifications for years.

A phone reboot or airplane mode toggle or network reset would show the missing notifications….but subsequent missed calls/voicemails would not appear.

After many wasted hours of support calls and store visits with no resolution, I finally found the source of my problems…….too many visual voicemails!!!!!!

PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL OLD/LARGE VISUAL VOICEMAILS!!!!!!!!

After removing ~100 visual voicemail messages, I now get immediate  missed call and voicemail notifications.

I am so happy!! 

37 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @Action1024  and thanks for posting.

We always want to you so spend only the time you need to spend on with support so sorry if we took too much of your time. 

On the other hand, I’m glad you posted some helpful info for other folks to use if they come across this issue. Clearing out old message is  HUGE help.

Thank you!

Thank you for your post!   I have been struggling also.  So you have to go to your deleted voicemails and delete your deleted voicemails.  Mind blown!  But it worked immediately!

IPhone8+

A phone reboot or airplane mode toggle or network reset would show the missing notifications….but subsequent missed calls/voicemails would not appear.

After many wasted hours of support calls and store visits with no resolution, I finally found the source of my problems…….too many visual voicemails!!!!!!

After removing ~100 visual voicemail messages, I now get immediate  missed call and voicemail notifications.

I am so happy!! 

Thank you!  Finally fixed!

Userlevel 1

This fix did nothing. I don’t save voicemails so I don’t have voicemails, toggling airplane mode did nothing, hart restart did nothing. Drive 100 miles to nearest city. Voicemails show up. Very very bad service this is last straw why am I even paying for this crappie service. I’m done bye crap Mobil 

Hey T-Mobile, new line. Set up voicemail. But no voicemails are showing up on the phone. People can leave voicemail, but I don’t get any notification of voicemail on my iPhone 11. I don’t use video messaging, and don’t have many texts, so it can’t be about no space/storage. Why dont voicemails show up? Read online to say something to you such as “Have them file a Service Complaint under "MWI: Voicemail notifications (MWI) are delayed”. Please help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m have the exact same problem.  Often Visual Voicemails show up hours after people have left me a message.  I’ve been a T-Mobile customer for 10-15 years.  This has been going on for years.  VERY frustrating!

Userlevel 1

I don’t save voicemails. Most times the message is deleted after Inlisgen to it. The last few days voicemails appear hours after left. Today a voicemail was left at 2:30 pm and it was 10:12 pm before the notification came through. 

How can this be fixed?

Action1024 do you know if there is a simple way to mass delete messages?  I have tons!

And, once I delete them, is there a trash hidden somewhere I can go to to permanently delete them?

I sure hope this works!  I too have been having the same issue for years!

I have been getting voicemails late from debt collectors but once I receive a regular call from anywhere else, these types of voicemails show up. And it’s only them not anyone else. For example, a blood bank called me for a donation today, got the missed call plus the voicemail along with a voicemail yesterday from a debt collector. Idk how legit the scam is because it seems my VM from these kinds are always delayed. Frustrating! 

btw - I delete voicemails and texts usually right after I receive them so I have plenty of storage, usually restart my phone once a week, toggled airplane mode, nothing has seemed to help! 

Userlevel 2

I am angry because I just received a voice mail from my doctor's office telling me they had an opening...4 DAYS AGO!!!! None of the above fixes work. T-Mobile, YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!

Userlevel 1

Not solved. This is impacting my ability to do business. Please fix. 

Userlevel 1

This is not resolved. Have had this issue for years. 

How typical, even posting something directly on topic and I get a “Something’s gone wrong” message. Are you trying to piss me off?

This issue is costing me $$.  Missed calls for jobs and get voicemail weeks later.  This is unacceptable!! Never had this issue with Sprint.  None of the posted “fixes” have worked.  Erased and deleted all stored emails restarted phone and still no voicemails! 

I have been having this issue for 2 years.   If I call from another tmobile phone to test(my wife’s) the notification comes through quickly, however all others come through a day or 2 later.  Going to have to switch carriers soon which is a shame as I have had tmobile for 20 years.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have missed interview opportunities, jobs, friends emergency calls- all because of this voicemail issue. I have the iPhone 13 mini and the same issue happened with my iPhone 11, my iPhone 6, etc. I keep getting operators that don’t understand English and can’t help me. Class Action Lawsuit needs to happen here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did any of you try what was posted above by the original poster to try and fix it or no?

or

if you are running Visual Voicemail and are running into this..turn VVM off and then see what happens.

What is visual voicemail?? I have never heard of this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its a part of the voicemail that takes whatever VM is left and turns it into a text so you can just read it. its something you must opt into.

try youmail i never use phone companies voicemail

Userlevel 1

There is at least a 3 hour delay when receiving voicemails. I just switched to TMobile and IPhone so I don’t know which to blame, but I never had this issue before. Please help. Very very frustrating!

IPhone8+

I am so happy!! 

Action1024:  A BIG thank you for your persistence.  I’ll give it a whirl!  (I’ve experienced HUGE delays, like half day to 2 days, between missed calls & related voicemails.  So frustrating, I finally called Customer Service about 2 months ago—they suggested the re-boot, etc. cycle but NO solution!)  I hope your hard-earned discovery works for me and my iPhone 12 Pro🤞

Userlevel 1

Great that you found this fix. Sadly it didn’t work for me. I have no visual voicemails and only 2 regular voicemails. Still voicemails can take up to a day to show up:(

Same issue--this has been going on for years. I don't use visual voicemail and never have more than 5 or 6 voicemails kept on my phone, but if I get notified within an hour or two of a voicemail being left, I consider myself lucky, when the reality is that this is ridiculously bad service. Sometimes I will see that someone has called and I know there's a 99% chance they left a voicemail, but my phone shows that they didn't until an hour, two, three, sometimes days, later. This is ridiculous and WAY PAST TIME TO FIX, T-MOBILE!!

Same issue. I am a small business owner and I have lost business and caused frustration with my clients as a result of getting messages hours or days after they have been left. This has happened on 3 different iPhones. I should leave T-Mobile but my husband has a legacy plan that our entire extended family is on. I have tried everything - even removal of my SIM card. Spent hours trying to address this. Please help. Please. Please. Please.