SOLVED Voicemails not showing up until days after they were left

• 3 December 2020
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

IPhone8+

I’ve struggled with delayed call and voicemail notifications for years.

A phone reboot or airplane mode toggle or network reset would show the missing notifications….but subsequent missed calls/voicemails would not appear.

After many wasted hours of support calls and store visits with no resolution, I finally found the source of my problems…….too many visual voicemails!!!!!!

PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL OLD/LARGE VISUAL VOICEMAILS!!!!!!!!

After removing ~100 visual voicemail messages, I now get immediate  missed call and voicemail notifications.

I am so happy!! 

37 replies

Same problem as so many people have posted above. None of these solutions work. And I have now been on hold with T-Mobile for more than 20 minutes. We get what we pay for when we go with the low cost provider. (groan)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and you re recorded a new voice greeting?

This is an issue for me as well. Important messages take anywhere from a few hours to four days to come through. The veterinary office called regarding an animal that was at their office at that moment. I wasn’t able to answer right away, so it went to voicemail. I still haven’t received that message and that was hours ago. Thankfully I was able to answer when the vet called a bit ago, but who knows what kind of information was in that message. I tried the “fix” above and it did not work at all. I tried resetting the phone as well and this still happens. This is super frustrating and happens on a regular basis. I didn’t have this problem with Sprint. What’s going on with T-Mobile? Based on what I see here, this problem has been going on for years and they still haven’t fixed it. I’m receiving some good offers from Verizon. Maybe it’s time to switch.

I have the same issue. I've tried even resetting my voice-mail (##004#) to no avail. I get the constant notification and nothing there when called, and can't even remove notification. Beyond frustrating!

I am confirming the solution of the problems with Tmobile missing voicemails is by recording new greetings for your voicemails. I have tried this method on my voicemail and my daughter’s voicemail.

SO FAR IT WORKS! HOOOORAY!

Had the same problem. Voicemails would not come through for hours or even days on my Iphone 14. No way to predict when they would come through. Definitely frustrating! 

This solution worked for me: Deleted all my voicemail messages, then deleted all the messages from the deleted messages folder, so there were no messages left. Tested, and voicemails still did not come through promptly at this point. 

Then I noticed I hadn’t recorded a custom greeting since I switched to T-Mobile. I clicked to record a custom greeting, and after doing that, new voicemails started coming through in about 10-20 seconds every time. I think somehow the act of recording a custom greeting tied my phone better to their servers. To record a custom greeting from the iphone, go to the voicemail page, then click “greeting” in the upper left corner, then click the option for a custom greeting and record/save it. 

Same issue here. I just discovered a VM by dialing my number and hearing I had a 6 day old message waiting.  No notifications on the phone, I just luckily (out of the blue) decided to check.   Odd too is when I opened visual voicemail to see if it had the message, the app acted like it was newly installed  (started up with a splash screen advertising a "better" subscription version and then synchronized my messages).   I had used visual voicemail in the past so not sure why it started as if it was just installed.   

I too have been having this problem on and off for at least a year.  Unfortunately I don't think TMobile support reads these messages so don't expect much from complaining here.  Enough people need to call tech support over and over again before they might do something.

There is at least a 3 hour delay when receiving voicemails. I just switched to TMobile and IPhone so I don’t know which to blame, but I never had this issue before. Please help. Very very frustrating!

Same

What worked for me on my iPhone is to open the T-Mobile app. Go to profile, open “block scam calls and changeable content”, open “block other” and turn off “ t-Mobile voice mail to text block”. Once I did, this voicemails appeared immediately.

yup. same here. it seems t-mobile is unwilling to acknowledge this ongoing issue. like many, i have missed opportunities as well as critical, time-sensitive client communication. a few hours ago, i missed an urgent call from the hospital regarding a decision i had to make regarding someone’s care.

this is unacceptable, t-mobile. but you clearly do not care. not having a solution is one thing… but not acknowledging this issue is obnoxious.

This is an issue for me as well. Important messages take anywhere from a few hours to four days to come through. The veterinary office called regarding an animal that was at their office at that moment. I wasn’t able to answer right away, so it went to voicemail. I still haven’t received that message and that was hours ago. Thankfully I was able to answer when the vet called a bit ago, but who knows what kind of information was in that message. I tried the “fix” above and it did not work at all. I tried resetting the phone as well and this still happens. This is super frustrating and happens on a regular basis. I didn’t have this problem with Sprint. What’s going on with T-Mobile? Based on what I see here, this problem has been going on for years and they still haven’t fixed it. I’m receiving some good offers from Verizon. Maybe it’s time to switch.

If this is posted here with so many views and comments, I find it very frustrating that technical support acted like they had no idea about this problem.  They offered no solution and blamed it on Apple.  Apple support said, No way.  Not possible.  C’mon guys.  Fix.

Tried everything, nothing worked until I called myself to access my voicemail that way. Had to change my voicemail password so I could get in, but once I did that, I was able to delete old messages that didn’t show up on my phone at all. Since then, I am getting new voicemails right away!

Same issue. I am a small business owner and I have lost business and caused frustration with my clients as a result of getting messages hours or days after they have been left. This has happened on 3 different iPhones. I should leave T-Mobile but my husband has a legacy plan that our entire extended family is on. I have tried everything - even removal of my SIM card. Spent hours trying to address this. Please help. Please. Please. Please.

Same issue--this has been going on for years. I don't use visual voicemail and never have more than 5 or 6 voicemails kept on my phone, but if I get notified within an hour or two of a voicemail being left, I consider myself lucky, when the reality is that this is ridiculously bad service. Sometimes I will see that someone has called and I know there's a 99% chance they left a voicemail, but my phone shows that they didn't until an hour, two, three, sometimes days, later. This is ridiculous and WAY PAST TIME TO FIX, T-MOBILE!!

Userlevel 1

Great that you found this fix. Sadly it didn’t work for me. I have no visual voicemails and only 2 regular voicemails. Still voicemails can take up to a day to show up:(

IPhone8+

I’ve struggled with delayed call and voicemail notifications for years.

A phone reboot or airplane mode toggle or network reset would show the missing notifications….but subsequent missed calls/voicemails would not appear.

After many wasted hours of support calls and store visits with no resolution, I finally found the source of my problems…….too many visual voicemails!!!!!!

PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL OLD/LARGE VISUAL VOICEMAILS!!!!!!!!

After removing ~100 visual voicemail messages, I now get immediate  missed call and voicemail notifications.

I am so happy!! 

Action1024:  A BIG thank you for your persistence.  I’ll give it a whirl!  (I’ve experienced HUGE delays, like half day to 2 days, between missed calls & related voicemails.  So frustrating, I finally called Customer Service about 2 months ago—they suggested the re-boot, etc. cycle but NO solution!)  I hope your hard-earned discovery works for me and my iPhone 12 Pro🤞

Userlevel 1

There is at least a 3 hour delay when receiving voicemails. I just switched to TMobile and IPhone so I don’t know which to blame, but I never had this issue before. Please help. Very very frustrating!

try youmail i never use phone companies voicemail

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its a part of the voicemail that takes whatever VM is left and turns it into a text so you can just read it. its something you must opt into.

What is visual voicemail?? I have never heard of this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did any of you try what was posted above by the original poster to try and fix it or no?

or

if you are running Visual Voicemail and are running into this..turn VVM off and then see what happens.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have missed interview opportunities, jobs, friends emergency calls- all because of this voicemail issue. I have the iPhone 13 mini and the same issue happened with my iPhone 11, my iPhone 6, etc. I keep getting operators that don’t understand English and can’t help me. Class Action Lawsuit needs to happen here.

I have been having this issue for 2 years.   If I call from another tmobile phone to test(my wife’s) the notification comes through quickly, however all others come through a day or 2 later.  Going to have to switch carriers soon which is a shame as I have had tmobile for 20 years.

This issue is costing me $$.  Missed calls for jobs and get voicemail weeks later.  This is unacceptable!! Never had this issue with Sprint.  None of the posted “fixes” have worked.  Erased and deleted all stored emails restarted phone and still no voicemails! 

How typical, even posting something directly on topic and I get a “Something’s gone wrong” message. Are you trying to piss me off?