Question

Sorry, you can’t currently place an order online

• 28 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have been trying to add a line online for over 5 months and each time I do i get the error message 

Let’s talk

Sorry, you can’t currently place an order onlinePlease contact us by calling 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your T-Mobile phone

There are certain deals only available online, free activation and other reasons why I prefer to shop online. I now have until December 14th to upgrade my phone or turn it in or they will charge me a final payment of $47.99 per phone. I work two jobs and dont have the availability to shop in store. 

I have spent countless hours on the phone with multiple people and departments and nobody knows why I cant shop online. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @MikeMcguire 5 months is a long time to be having the same issue! That has got to be pretty frustrating. There are a few limitations that could be causing the ongoing error message, so I have a few questions. 

• Are you trying to add a new phone number to your account with the new phone or are you trying to keep your same number and trade in your current phone for a new one?
  • Are you on the Jump! on Demand payment plan for your current device? I think you are because you mention a final payment, but I want to make sure. 
Badge

Thanks for the quick response. In this car I'm just trying to add a new line with a new number. I'm aware I can't upgrade phones on the jump plan but I just want to add a line. Been trying to add a few lines for months but get the same message everytime 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hmm.. And you said that many experts have looked at it and no one can see why you wouldn’t be able to order online. I don’t have access to review accounts here on the Community but I have a few other questions that I wonder if they checked for. 

• Did they say anything about the maximum number of lines you can have on your account and whether you have met that number already?
  • Are you on an older rate plan that possibly has a line limit? Even if the older plan doesn’t have a line limit, “retired” plans can prevent adding a line because the system does not see them as “eligible” for new lines. This does not mean that you can’t add a line at all, just changes the process a bit. 
  • Are we sure that the phone number you are using to log in is the one listed as the Primary Account Holder line? Sometimes those get mixed up and can prevent some things from working. 

I appreciate you sending the screenshot because a picture is worth a thousand words. I see that you can go to the Shop tab and select Add a line before that message pops up. If you just select a device or accessory, can you proceed with a new order?

Shopping on the website is great because of the different promotions and savings you get. I also like that I control the order from beginning to end and don’t have to wonder if someone else is clicking the right buttons. (That might say a lot about me 😁) Is there a specific promotion your are looking for now, or just looking to save on the activation costs and stuff like that?

I know I have asked a lot of questions so far and they seem to be in different directions, but there are lot of variables that could be attributing to this and I want to get you the right answer instead of a vague one. 

Badge

I wouldnt know the answer to those questions in regards to max lines and such but I would have assumed someone has checked that. Ive been told multiple times cases have been opened to review but have never received a response. I've only been a customer for 16 months and I'm on the military plan. If I select a phone device it gives me the same error message. However if I want to add a watch, tablet or any other device like that they will let me the specific deal I wanted was available last week online only but after asking customer service to honor it for me since I can't shop online they said sorry we can't do that. It is an endless loop of frustration and all I want to do is spend money. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I would assume they would check that also, but it could be a small detail that they may not have noticed, so they didn’t bring it up. 

The fact that it only happens when you are adding a phone line instead of a “mobile internet” line (just what we call anything that has service that isnt a phone), suggests to me that it has to do with line count or plan type. I don’t think it is anything to do with your access permissions on the website because those other orders would be affected to. I could be wrong, but I have been doing this a long time and that is my hunch. 

I can understand if you are apprehensive about sharing your plan name or number of lines on a public space, so if you want to DM me, you can. It would be best for me to know how many phone lines you have on your account and your plan name, so that I can rule those out as the issue. If you could also share the promotion you were looking at, I can see if we still have similar stuff going on so you can still save big on cool stuff. :)