Question

Store Rep and Customer Service Lies

• 23 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I recently switched to T-mobile after having service with another provider for years. We switched based on a friend’s advice regarding the cost of their family plan. To make a very long story short, the store rep gave us bad information about the cost of our plan and the cost of the phone we purchased. I only discovered this when the bill came and it was not what we were told in the store. My communication with T-mobile since then has been as follows:

1. Via text: “I understand your concern, I will have a supervisor call you to resolve the issue”
  2. Via my phone to them : “I am a supervisor, I will fix this and it will be reflected on your next bill. I will call you by Monday to confirm everything has been corrected in the system”
  3. Via text: “I am sorry no one ever called you back. Yes, I see your concern. Will will fix it and you will no longer have those fees on your account.”
  4. Via text: “ I am a supervisor. No, the other reps were wrong. I have the most up to date information. Even though the rep gave you a more expensive plan and told you it was less expensive, we cannot give you the less expensive one that was available at the time. I will elevate this issue though and you will get a call within 3-5 business days.”

Still no phone call. I feel like I was scammed by this company and now they just lie to tell me they will fix something when they have not done anything to resolve the issue. I regret switching to this company and will caution anyone else looking for a new provider to stay away from T-mobile. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

With all due respect to you, this response is just as messed up as the crap we're dealing with. One should not have to send private messages on a social media platform in order to get the help that is desperately needed due to their ineptitude. The correct solution is for them to fix the farse of a website and then proceed with messaging them through their own website. I am not doubting that this is the most efficient way to get in touch with someone who will actually do their job and help you but still, my statement stands. It's absolutely mind boggling that this company has us all in a position like this. 

I got scammed by TMobile. Transferred over 2 lines from ATT to TMobile at the Costco kiosk booth. They promised a $200 Visa Card and a $250 Costco card per line. 3 months later I'm wondering where my cards are and when I called they said we denied it because you're not on the right plan. You can upgrade for $20/line per month and we'll send you the cards.