Question

Suspicious texts that claim to be from T-Mobile?

Badge

I’ve been a customer for several years. Lately I’ve been receiving increasingly frequent texts that claim to be from T-Mobile. They aren’t coming on Tuesdays.  How can I tell if they’re legitimate? Here’s a copy of a recent one.

WEEKEND-PROMO9154 / /

T-mobile Weekend-Promo is back

Turn 30s-survey into +100$-Credits

HttPs:HtTp://45.131.3.71//cl/4111_md/2/73635/1501/44/338079

10 replies

I am receiving the same messages as of 03/04/2021.  I am certain they are a scam because I received a series of 6 them all on the same evening followed by 1 more scam promo claiming to be from CVS pharmacy.  The giveaway was that ALL of the texts were constructed similarly.  So unless CVS and T-Mobile have teamed up, I’m sure that they are all phishing Texts.  Note attached screenshots.

I received 6 of these from different numbers like“saturday40722@haztxj.com” or “(my phone number)@skgsgc.com.  The first line of each fake T-Mobile text message was “/ WEEKEND-PROMO4515 //” with the numeric portion changing

T-mobile Weekend-Promo is back

Turn 30s-survey into +100$-Credits

HttPs:HtTp://45.131.3.70//cl/4111_md/2/73529/1501/49/114881

The fake CVS text looked like this:

Hurry up, new $100 CVS's gift-cards.

HttPs:HtTp://45.140.146.7//cl/422_md/1/10941/742/24/2098022

---

Reply *STOP* To cancel these texts.

The best advice I have is to simply delete them.  DON’T EVEN REPLY TO THEM as they are suggesting for you to do to cancel the messages because you will probably just generate a new set of similar fake promo’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It it looks too good to be true.  It probably is.  As mentioned, do not reply to these texts as it just confirms to the spammer that someone is on the other end of your number.  Block these texts through your messaging app.

Yes blocking the texts was my first thought but they change who they are being sent from with each message and never repeat the same sender’s number.  therefore the idea doesn’t work.  I just continue to delete them until they fizzle out and stop sending.

I fell for it and used a credit card for the shipping and they hacked the card tried to charge 500 on it and the bank caught it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Mine started at $90 and now went to $100 on the last text.

They are phishing and not T-Mobile. When you click on the link in the text, you go to a web page that looks like T-Mobile but nothing at the top of the page works, such as login or menu. Back away or close the page. Then block the text. 

The phishing website is: https://tmobile.usersupport.net/ 

I messed up big time!  I gave my bank account number to these scammers without thinking first.  It  I was to pay 4.95 shipping for a IPad. Then they offered an app for Keto.  I thought I was skipping over it and confirmed.  They charged my account 29.88, and also 39.88.  I’m scared they are going to start draining the bank account.  I didn’t realize it was a scam until it was over.  How do I report fraud on this?  I’m so scared!!

Badge

text message from t-mobile? t-mo.co/3pg2z30 is the address -- which apparently doesn’t exist

I just received this text this morning 

T-MOBILE SUPPORT : we noticed an unexpected login on your T-MOBILE ACCOUNT,if you did not support this login, Kindly reply NO

From a 442-202-8989 number I know this is a scam