Question

Switching from T-Mobile One plan to Magenta Military plans

• 11 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

So, I have been with T-Mobile for almost 19 years now. I just found out about the military discount. I tried getting it and was told that since the I am the primary holder of the account, I cannot get the military discount eventhough my husband who is a veteran has been on this plan since we opened the account almost 19 years ago. I have contacted T-mobile 3 time the last 10 days and spoke with Brittany, Tameka, and Morgan. I was told my husband has to open an account under his name (since he is the Veteran) and then move our lines from the current account to the new account and pay activation fee Brittany said.

But, the second day when I call, Tameka said that it can be done and I would not have any problems as long as they are able to verify the military status and the credit history. 

Then, I called again to begin the process, Morgan advised me that if I switch ownership on my current account to the Magenta military, I would loose any credits on our current installment payment/promotion even though we traded a phone resulting to that monthly credits.

So, I need some clarifications and to get concrete and truthful information. I have a promotional credit for the next 16 months on the current account. Will I loose this credit if the account ownership is transferred to a new magenta military plan? The phone that is under the payment plan belongs to my husband who is a veteran. I would like to get anew phone but I need this sorted out first before I get into any installment plan. 

This current process does not make sense at all. It should be easier to just keep our plan and we show both military ID and marriage certificate to proof status. I strongly recommend T-mobile look into this process. Why is it that veteran getting access to stuff are a nightmare?

Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

As for the credits whenever you switch plans you risk the chance of losing bill credits so you meet to contact Tmobile support.