Question

Switching to Magenta Max 55+ for Free Phone upgrade

• 10 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

After about 4 years, I have decided to upgrade our phones. Under the current promotion we get $200 more each for the upgrade if we have Magenta Max. It was not worth the upgrade for the other benefits we will not use, but with the extra upgrade it was worth it.

However, it shows the upgrade will not go into effect until my next billing cycle and I’m afraid the upgrade promotion may be expired by then.

My question, how long after I initiate the upgrade will it take for the increase upgrade benefit to take effect? Or, can I cancel the upgrade and return to my old plan? Because without the extra $200 trade-in allowance, Magenta Max is not worth the cost to us.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You should get the benefits of Max on the day you upgrade. However since your current month’s bill has already generated back when you were not on Max, you won’t see the bill for Max until the next month’s bill. On next month’s bill, you should see two separate charges for the upgrade - one will be the prorated amount from the prior month from when you upgraded to the end of that billing cycle. The next charge will be the full amount for the Max plan since TMO bills in advance and not arrears.

As for honoring your $200 upgrade that should apply the day you upgraded. The $200 in addition to the rest of your trade in credit will also show up in your next bill.

As for cancelling, you have 14 days from purchase if you did this at a retail store or 20 days from purchase if you did this online so it can account for shipping time.