Question

T-Mobil Not Honoring Their Agreements

• 16 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

T-Mobil quoted me a price and after 4 months still will not honor it. They told me I had a $1000 credit for a new phone and it would cost nothing for me to trade in my old phone and now they are trying to charge me for it. Promised a $200 credit for signing up and you guessed it no credit to date. Every time I talk to a representative at the store about my problems they play with the computer, go in the back room, look at their phone and 2 hours latter tell me they have fixed the problem and nothing changes. The bill is still way over what they promised and no credits. I can feel they are just trying to wait me out, hoping I will give up. Does anyone know how to get some help to either get out of my agreement with them and move on or to make them honor their agreement? It amazing that this company seems to have a policy of promising things they have no intention of providing!   

6 replies

They did the same thing to me. Been with them for 24 years. Gave me a deal over the phone and now, after four months and four calls to customer support, they're still robbing me of $30 a month over what they quoted me over the phone. Bad bad business...

Tmobile is still doing this to me. Signed up in May of 2022.  Store manager for the 1st few months would credit my account.  Corporate told the store I was on some Bogo promo.  Store said no the promo that was going on was trade in your phones get free phones. Plus had to add 3 devices to get the deal.  Stephen at Tmobile (And I have his employee number) was giving me a credit to stay with Tmobile.  Now I find out the credit he was giving me only added up to $600.  He had told me the credit was to continue until the end of my contract. April of 2024.  I was supposed to be paying $251 a month. They are now charging me $310 (3lines).  What is the point of signing an agreement if they won’t honor it?  I don’t care if its a 3rd party Tmobile store.  Anyone know what recourse one can take with them?  I’m at my witts end already.  Calling them they treat you like your beneath them!!!   

OH, and TMOBILE, when I entered a user name to be on this community page, you automatically put an email in here that does not belong to me!  And you won’t let me change it to mine!!!

Bad service all around!

I was offered a promotion. Month later, had to call to find out why it was not applied. I was told the original rep made a mistake and I had to upgrade my plan. IF IT WAS ME THAT DIDNT HONOR THE AGREEMENT, I WOULD BE IN COLLECTIONS. Reluctantly I upgraded my plan. Month later, still no promotion and I called again. Was told that the promotion was only available through the Apple store but it would be fixed...mind you, I already traded in my old phone so impossible to get it back. Never fixed, no promotion. Called again this month and was told the promotion is only for a different plan and needed to upgrade the plan again. Aside from all this, a total of 6 lines were activated on my account over the last year without permission and when I called to get it fixed, I was still charged for the time the lines were active. On top of that, protection plans keep showing up and I have to keep calling to get them removed. 

This is not only a breach of contract but also unfair and deceptive business practices which I cant seem to get anyone to help with. Totally one sided. Just a large corporation taking advantage or average people with bait and switch tactics, and hidden or surprise charges. 

IVE BEEN WITH TMOBILE FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. If this doesn't get resolved, I will sue T-Mobile and cost the corporates more money to defend than it would to just do the right thing and honor the agreement bargained. Fortunately, I am a lawyer so don’t have to spend money but will cost my time and it is sad most people would just be forced to pay through collections. 

BAD BUSINESS TMOBILE. 

Userlevel 1

I was offered a promotion. Month later, had to call to find out why it was not applied. I was told the original rep made a mistake and I had to upgrade my plan. IF IT WAS ME THAT DIDNT HONOR THE AGREEMENT, I WOULD BE IN COLLECTIONS. Reluctantly I upgraded my plan. Month later, still no promotion and I called again. Was told that the promotion was only available through the Apple store but it would be fixed...mind you, I already traded in my old phone so impossible to get it back. Never fixed, no promotion. Called again this month and was told the promotion is only for a different plan and needed to upgrade the plan again. Aside from all this, a total of 6 lines were activated on my account over the last year without permission and when I called to get it fixed, I was still charged for the time the lines were active. On top of that, protection plans keep showing up and I have to keep calling to get them removed. 

This is not only a breach of contract but also unfair and deceptive business practices which I cant seem to get anyone to help with. Totally one sided. Just a large corporation taking advantage or average people with bait and switch tactics, and hidden or surprise charges. 

IVE BEEN WITH TMOBILE FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. If this doesn't get resolved, I will sue T-Mobile and cost the corporates more money to defend than it would to just do the right thing and honor the agreement bargained. Fortunately, I am a lawyer so don’t have to spend money but will cost my time and it is sad most people would just be forced to pay through collections. 

BAD BUSINESS TMOBILE. 

Yeah I bbb and fcc them. Got some things handled but not all of my concerns. I sure hope a class action lawsuit happens. Because they truly don't care. 

I have a saved conversation with the chat support team offering me a deal I asked over and over to confirm the price. I was told “ rest assured I am noting the account of everything we discussed “ was also told I could go into a store and confirm.  I ever wrote ok one last time my new pricing would be Xxxx and was told yes and was then sent the details of the new plan.   I called the 611 department they apologized and said they don’t have the same promotions but am sorry about the inconvenience so here is 50.00 as courtesy and the chat team would call me.  The chat team did call apologize for the error and want me to take some other plan at some other pricing because the sales rep was wrong. 
now they want me to pay more for less service!   I am waiting for another call but have begun researching how to update all the screenshots of the conversation to the BBB.  I am so angry! I was conned