Question

T-Mobile Digits issues that should be fixed

• 10 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  1. There needs to be a suggestion box function integrated to the desktop app so that users can alert T-Mobile to the issues.
  2. Does not always sync actual texts.  Sometimes I text from the phone and it doesn’t appear in the desktop app and vice versa.
  3. It would be nice if apple iMessage and digits could work at the same time. (iMessage needs to be turned off for digits to work)
  4. Syncing contacts is unreliable.  Most contacts sync, but not all.  Then you can’t see who is texting in the desktop app.
  5. On the calls piece, there needs to be a way to send the incoming call to voicemail in case you can’t pick up the phone when someone calls.  Now, you only have the option of waiting for the phone to ring four times and hearing the ring tone blast through the speakers while you wait for call to go to voice mail.
  6. The app gets sluggish at times.
  7. There needs to be a way to block spam texts
  8. Texts that come in from non-phone numbers never show up on the desktop app
  9. SOMEONE FROM TMOBILE TECH SUPPORT AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT NEEDS TO ACTUALLY READ THESE SUGGESTIONS AND ACTUALLY FIX THE ISSUES.  THE APP IS 5 PLUS YEARS OLD.  THESE BASIC ISSUES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED A LONG TIME AGO.

10 replies

I agree 100%

This issue alone is making me wish I never left Verizon. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The call transfer & switch device options do not work..the option freezes & puts the call on indefinite hold & you can not resume the call.

1) Digits is installed on 3 devices.

2) Incoming call rings on all 3 devices 

3) Device A answers & wants to switch call to device B or C, the call is put on old the switch device  pop up freezes & the call is on hold and can not be resumed 

4) Device B answers the call and wants to transfer call to a different phone number (house landline) , the call is put on hold, the transfer call function pop up freezes & the call can not be resumed. 

Is T-Mobile Digits team aware of these issues?  Do they even care that they are broken & want to fix ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I should have been happy when the app was in the state of “Does not always sync actual texts.  Sometimes I text from the phone and it doesn’t appear in the desktop app and vice versa.”… NOW only about 5% of the texts sync up with digits and my iphone.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Digits is meant to be used as a standalone service.  Not as another way to message or monitor someone else's text messages. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@syaoran it used to work like “intel unison” with a couple of extra features like group texting and pasting images directly into the messages.. it used to work well before it got super sluggish..  not sure what you THINK the utility of digits would be if it wasn’t used in this way,

Userlevel 1
Badge

As of 9/20/23, the app is working MOST of the time.  it gets flaky at times.  Here are three items that are definitely wonky:

1- The spell check function is a JOKE.  I would say that maybe 5% of the suggested words are accurate.  I’m glad that they see that there is a spelling error, but most of the time, i’m retyping the word instead of just clicking on a word that is the one I want to use.

2- The system logs me out a LOT after a relatively short period of time.  This is the type of app that should just stay logged in for the entire day if not forever since there is no predictability of when a text will be received.  I probably log in between 2 and 5 times per day.

3- Feedback to T-mobile tech support should be a real thing.  How can they fix issues if they don’t know what the end users are experiencing?  I’m pretty sure they haven’t even seen this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I’m pretty sure they haven’t even seen this thread.

its a peer to peer assistance site..no they have not read it..

Userlevel 1
Badge

@fireguy_6364  well that answers that.  so basically, this site is a place for people to vent with no chance of the issues being resolved.  i guess i’ll have to hope that an end user has found a solution to the issues.   the app COULD be great with some tweeks, but right now, it’s just ok.

Anyway to force the contacts to sync….better? The app is fine for my use case, I just want my number to ring on my locked Surface Duo (another issue argh) and don’t care about texts because I can get them on desktop.

Does anyone have this issue? When making a call it goes through, yet you can not talk to the other person. My wife has to sign out and back in again to make it work. Thanks