T-Mobile does not care about You. You will be charged a pentaly for cancelling.

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I was a customer for 20 years.  I actually liked the company untill I found out they don’t care about me as a customer.  They did absolutely nothing to retain my business, no phone upgrade, nothing. Then charged me a $36 fee for cancelling mid-cycle.  I had no idea, or I might have timed it better.  They offered me no forgiveness.  No gratitude.  No refund.  They said it was exactly because my account was so old that I was subject to this punishment.  And they were not sorry about it.  It feels really really gross.  

HEADS UP - if you are an older customer and you cancel your service mid-billing-cycle, you will be charged a $36 penalty fee.  Gross gross gross.

3 replies

Badge

Theyve always tried to upgrade my phone, but my father in law passed and we removed his phone from our plan. My wife wanted to upgrade her phone at the same time, but we were not allowed to for 90 (I think) days after we removed the line, as if it was a punishment that her father passed away. We had no one to transfer the number to, so we could not use it.

Shameful.

Badge

I’m very sorry you weren’t provided the customer service you needed, especially at a difficult time.  Sadly t-mobile does not care.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

For years, T-Mobile has been trying to kill off the “free phone” addiction that has been a cancer on the US mobile phone industry for years. TANSTAAFL. You pay for the “free phone” in higher rates. Unfortunately, no one in the US will switch to a carrier unless they get a “free phone”, thus the new customer promos. These are almost always limited to high-rate plans.

As for not prorating partial months on cancellation or port out. This has been the practice for as long as T-Mobile has offered unlimited plans. Anyone here could have warned about the need to wait until the end of a billing period to cancel.