Solved

T-mobile lied to me TWICE. T-Mobile, when will you make good on your promise?

Userlevel 1

Before I start, please do yourself a favor and switch to one of the legitimately GOOD providers like Verizon or AT&T.  You will save money in the long run and get better quality service.  Read below to understand why.

I started a T-Mobile account in Nov 2018.  Before this, I checked their coverage map to confirm coverage in my primary area of use.  Lie #1: T-mobile's coverage map claims that here was coverage my area even though there was not.  For over 3 months, I suffered from lack of coverage and missed many important calls that went straight to voicemail, and only received notification of these voicemails at the end of the day.

I called T-Mobile support MANY times to try to hopefully resolve this.  None of there solutions worked.  Finally, at the end of February, I called again and spoke with a T-Mobile tech support agent.  This agent ran some diagnostics on his end and confirmed that there was no T-Mobile coverage in the area I lived in, even though the coverage map said there was.  THIS AGENT THEN SUGGESTED THAT I SWITCH TO ANOTHER PROVIDER.  However, I had already refilled my account with money prior to this conversation.  Lie #2: THE AGENT PROMISED THAT T-MOBILE WOULD REFUND THE MONEY TO MEGiven this suggestion and promise of a refund, I immediately made the switch to a better provider with greater coverage.

It has been over 2 months and T-Mobile refuses to give me money back and has been giving me the runaround each time I call.  I have wasted MANY hours pleading with customer service agents (most of or all of whom are outside the US).

My questions to T-Mobile:  Are you satisfied with giving false information about your coverage?  Are you satisfied with breaking on your promise to give me a refund or will you finally make good on your promise?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 13 May 2019, 03:37

View original

11 replies

Whoaaaa. You had 14 days from the date of purchase to return your device and cancel your service. How is this T-Mobile's fault?

Userlevel 4

I am sorry for your negative experience with T-Mobile. I have crappy coverage in my area also... but i use wifi calling for texting and calling in my house. And my service have improved drastically since 2009. If you are not getting the service you are happy with you should find another carrier that will take care of your needs (as you stated you did). As far as getting a refund, If you have any record that you Asked T-Mobile for a refund within the 14 days of purchase ... contact the Corporate Office informing them of your situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It looks like the OP had service for a couple of months so they missed the the return window and if this was a prepaid

plan, they mentioned it was refilled, there would be no refund according to the T&C's.

I've had my T-Mobile for almost 2 years and have little problems with coverage. However, I recently got a new job and I have absolutely no coverage at my work or within a ten mile radius of work. I looked to see the coverage map and the area I was in was supposedly have coverage. So I went and bought a new phone with a new provider that I can get coverage with anywhere. Bad thing is that I have to keep paying for this junk until my contract is over. What a joke!!!

There’s no good reason, unfortunately. For years I’ve had AT&T, and I’ve hated them. But I guess it’s that I hate cell phone companies so much that I didn’t even want to think how aggravating it would be to switch cell phone providers.

Badge

Whoaaaa. You had 14 days from the date of purchase to return your device and cancel your service. How is this T-Mobile's fault?

IIt's T-Mobile's fault because they promised a service that they could not provide

Badge

kwas156. Are you serious with the answer to that of course is T-Mobile's fault they're the ones trying to convince people to join their faulty service if you provide promise something can provide it especially if we paid for it first

I was totally and completely lied to by T-Mobile. I was with my friend who was already a customer of T-mobile when I called to switch from Verizon. We were told #1. That my phone would work on their service and that lots of Verizon's customers switch over with no problem. #2. That I would have to first become a T-mobile customer and that my Verizon numbers would have to be teleported over and then my friend would get his $50 referral fee. #3. I was told that if I teleported my numbers over that I would be eligible for the keep and switch. All of this was blatant LIES!! My phones did NOT work on T-mobile network. My friend didnt not get his $50 referral fee, because we were what I believe purposely misinformed. Actually, he needed to send me a refer a friend link BEFORE my getting signed up with T-mobile, again, we were told just the opposite. We did NOT yet our keep and switch fro two reasons. #1. My LG ThinqV60 was NOT elible come to find out later and #2. No one told us that BEFORE switching over that we needed to access our Verizon app to prove how many months that we have been paying on our phones, even though our last bill showed exactly what was still owed on our phones. A couple of customer service reps were very honest and suggested I go back to Verizon. Also, a couple of store employees said that they were leaving because T-mobile such an unscrupulous company. RUN AWAY from this company!!! A quick Google search and a quick glance at this link might prove to be fundamental. https://bgr-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/bgr.com/business/bill-cramming-t-mobile-employee-confessions/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16462737036235&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fbgr.com%2Fbusiness%2Fbill-cramming-t-mobile-employee-confessions%2F

Userlevel 1

here's the latest rip off from T-Mobile = 

ACTION NEEDED by 08/01/2023. We’re changing the payment methods that qualify for AutoPay discounts. To continue receiving the $10.00 AutoPay discount, you must update your payment method to a debit card or a bank account.

Visit your T-Mobile account to update your payment method and keep your discount by 08/01/2023.

Badge

I fully agree complete liars and thieves

Userlevel 1

Have about 10 months left on the phone credits. After there paid, goodbye to T Mobile, all the lies, and the customer support monkeys reading from their scripts!