T-Mobile Loyalty

• 11 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

T-Mobile does not reward loyal customers. Real promotions are only for new customers. We trained in our old phones for new, updated phones under a promotion and of course afterwards there was something wrong with the old phones to decrease the value for one and found ineligible for the other. How about rewarding us for years of loyalty? Invest in customers you already have! Stop focusing on stealing customers from other companies and focus on customer service with the ones you have. Word will get out about how good T-Mobile is with existing customers and the others will come. I am very disappointed with how we were treated and my husband is pressuring me to check out other companies. 
Remember, this is the age of social media. People are asking for mobile phone company recommendations and people respond with both negative and positive recommendations. I wish I could respond with positive customer loyalty for T-Mobile. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ATT does the same deals for existing customers as new customers..are they just smashing past all the other carriers with the influx of new customers because of this? have you heard much about V or TMO taking a beating due to this and losing customers in droves because they just cant compare?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My loyalty is to my $60 2 lines unlimited plan even if the deals are few and far between, but I still can find some discounted phones.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

There are a few qualifying things to keep in mind:

1. If you are on a legacy plan (a plan that is no longer available) you generally are not allowed to add another line under the same plan since it is no longer available. That excludes your eligibility from “add a line” promotions which are generally tied to BOGO deals.
  2. You can always change your legacy plan to a current one and get the same add a line promotions but doing so may increase what you pay for the plan and/or lose plan benefits that are no longer supported.
  3. As for phone upgrades on existing lines, I’ve always been able to get same promotional trade ins without the need to change plans. However, you need to have established credit on TMO that can cover the purchase price of your upgrades. If you want to know how much credit line you have, just ask a TMO support rep. The way this promotion is structured it highly incentives you to stay on TMO for 2 years. This is something TMO wants for new and existing customers.
  4. For promotional “pay up to xxxx to transfer to TMobile”, those are designed to pay off cancellation fees and equipment balances. Additionally, you only get your equipment paid off if you buy brand new TMO phones that will be adjusted to what you owed from your prior provider. Basically, you don’t make money on transfer. There is nothing here that applies to existing customer since the benefit is zero dollar value.
  5. If you believe that existing customers should get promotions that are not offered to new customers, that is already in place - TMO allows you to keep your legacy plan for as long as you want. Additionally, depending on your legacy plan it automatically adds new features and benefits on new plans without changing your plan and price. When I started on my current plan there was no international roaming, airplane internet, and Netflix. Today I have all of those and don’t pay a penny more than day 1. On the flip side, features on your legacy plan are never taken away even if TMO stops offering it. I have a cash back feature on every line that gives me $10 back in credit if the line uses less 2 GB of data. This is not available to new customers.

At the end of the day, you decide who is worth your hard earned dollars so if none of the above has value to you, then you should consider switching providers. That will make TMO take action if more people are leaving versus coming. You can call TMO and use a “soft bluff” by telling them what you want or you will take your business elsewhere. You just have to be serious of doing just that if you don’t get what you want. If you are not specific about what you want, you are likely not going to get it.

Cali cat,

May I ask which plan you have and how long you've been with TMO? Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it.  So, I am grandfathered in with the Select Choice Fam 50 UNL. I've been with Tmobile for 27 years. Mostly curious about how you got them to add the Netflix and also the $10CR for each line that you don't use 2gb of data. I have my own idea, but would love your input. Might as well let me know how you got the airplane internet, and international roaming as well, lol. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cali Cat tagging may help him to see this question.

I was with ATT for at least 15 years and asked for a free new phone for being a loyal customer. I was told that there was no incentive for loyalty but there would be in the near future. Oh, also, i was only allowed 200 texts a month. I switched to Sprint/T-MOBILE and received a TRULY free (no gimmick and no double-talking salesperson) phone and cut my bill by $30/month. Service wasn’t all that reliable in the beginning but is pretty close to perfect now. I’m a happy T-Mobile customer. 

After paying the off the phones, does the phone get smaller? Cause I can understand that paying the phone is different than paying monthly usage. But what I'm trying to ask is, when the phone is paid off, does the bill add stuff on there to keep it at the same price cause they greedy like that or does your bill really go down because you know "own" the phone instead of the phone company. My bill for 3 Active numbers 1 tab and  1 un-active number is (rounding-up) 270 a month. When the phones are paid of will ot go down let's say 190 -_- or something, I mean I would like to pay 150 a month for my phones, but since these 5Gs came out it seems like my bill went up about $100 ☠️