Question

t-Mobile network pass phone calls

• 10 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Can I make phone calls and send text messages with the T-Mobile network pass free trial?

I am at the end of my one-year prepaid plan with AT&T and would like to try out T-Mobile for a couple of months. Do I need to maintain other mobile service with another carrier during the trial period?

thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can.  I would make sure your device is SIM unlocked from AT&T first though.  AT&T does make it quite the challenge to get your device SIM unlocked.  

Badge

Thank you very much!
I will give it a try!

Yes, my device is unlocked, and I have a physical Sim that I use from AT&T prepaid. And my iPhone 12 has eSIM.  I am familiar with the hoops that the carriers make you jump through to port out your number. 😯

sounds great that I can try out T-Mobile for 90 days and not have to pay a carrier during that time!

Badge

Do I need to run a credit check to sign up for the T-Mobile trial?

I suppose I will need to run a credit check if and when the time comes to sign up for regular T-Mobile service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I think the credit check is done when you actually sign up as a customer when you open an account.  The trial is just a trial from my understanding.  I have never personally used the trial.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there. I would urge you to take a look at our website that totally outlines the network pass process and what you get with it. 

T-Mobile Network Pass: Try Our 5G Network Free for 3 MonthsYour T-Mobile Network Pass plan is active for up to three months, and includes unlimited high-speed data, including 5G if you have a compatible phone. You'll experience the award-winning T-Mobile network while keeping your current plan and phone number with your primary cellular provider, so you’ll never miss a call or text. 

The Network Pass gives you access to T-Mobile’s 5G data network as long as your device is compatible. Calls and text messages are still handled by your original provider, so you will need to continue to pay for your AT&T prepaid service to get calls and text messages.