Solved

T-Mobile Password keeps being changed

• 1 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can someone explain to me how my T-Mobile online account password keeps getting changed without my permission? My password has been changed without my authorization over 2 dozen times at least! I’ve changed my email password, my pin, my T-Mobile password, I’ve called customer service numerous times, and each time they guarantee this will never happen again. I’ve put so many safeguards in place to protect my account that it takes numerous steps for me to change my password. How is it they can do so with very little information?! This is so beyond frustrating there has to be a solution. I even disabled my online T-Mobile account, and they were able to go and re-enable it. They even hacked my number, and sent out numerous scam text messages from my number. How does T-Mobile have this issue, but not Verizon?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 1 February 2023, 17:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried contacting Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.

The only thing I can think of is that whoever is doing this has your information.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have contacted customer service through phone and the messaging app. I don’t have social media to contact them through other means. I have removed my security questions, and instead require a text with a code when changing my password or even accessing my account online. I have changed my email password, deactivated all devices connected to my email in the event that’s how they were accessing my account. I changed my pin and all private information. At one point they were able to change my email address on my T-Mobile account to an address that wasn’t even mine. They hacked my phone number, and I’ve had problems with T-Mobile and my phone since that happened in November. T-Mobile has done nothing to fix the issues with my online account or phone/service. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The only thing I can think of is that whoever is doing this has your information.

I second gramp28. Someone has a lot of your personal information. 

Today Is The Tomorrow That You Worried About Yesterday

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you. This didn’t start happening till I came to T-Mobile. I saw their notification about some information was obtained, unfortunately I think it’s more than they are willing to admit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can someone explain to me how my T-Mobile online account password keeps getting changed without my permission? My password has been changed without my authorization over 2 dozen times at least! I’ve changed my email password, my pin, my T-Mobile password, I’ve called customer service numerous times, and each time they guarantee this will never happen again. I’ve put so many safeguards in place to protect my account that it takes numerous steps for me to change my password. How is it they can do so with very little information?! This is so beyond frustrating there has to be a solution. I even disabled my online T-Mobile account, and they were able to go and re-enable it. They even hacked my number, and sent out numerous scam text messages from my number. How does T-Mobile have this issue, but not Verizon?

are you able to see the texts sent/received using your number? might not be hacked...your number could have been spoofed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am not able to see the texts sent, but I do receive the responses from those texts. I know they send a link claiming to be with some financial institution. Ever since this problem my phone does not deliver sms messages either. I am assuming they are not able to use my number anymore after they try changing my password, because I have not received any hateful responses from scam texts being sent from my number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

google spoofing. could be what they did. same deal when you end up getting a scammer call from a local area code number..the number was spoofed. not saying this is for sure whats happening on your side but mainly a possibility.

clm I have the exact same issue tas you. My password has been changed multiple times. I have caled T Mobiile so many times and I am told nothing but to change my password. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!

I received two emails, one giving a verification code for changing the password, the other showing that the pass word had been changed. I printed the emails and took them to the T-Mobile store. They could find no fraudulent activity but advised me to call the number on the emails. The agent on the phone could not find the activity except that I had been to the phone store. He asked me if I had been there and I said "I'm there now." He first told me it appeared I had not signed up yet but I explained that I had been using T-Mobile Home Internet for over two years. Then he said that he seen that. The explanation I finally received was that the emails were fakes and that I should delete them. Although, the phone number on the emails did belong to T-Mobile. But when I tried to log into the community, my password no longer worked and I had to set a new one. So my password had indeed been changed.