T-Mobile Prepaid Plans - NOT supposed to be taxed

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I';ve never dealt with such an incompetent company who can’t even look at your records to see that:

I spoke to NUMEROUS agents before signing up for their $15 prepaid plan.  And every one of them told me it was $15, with NO additional charges, NO sales tax.

I had transferred a balance to T-Mobile upon signing up.  My account/payment history reflect what i was told - $15 was deducted from my balance for the many months I’ve had the account.

Then, I called to complain that I had to call T-Mobile voice mail to get my messages, with only some of them showing up on my Apple iPhone’s messages.  I got promises they would have engineering fix this, and offered me $15 credit.

I was told NOT to start AUTO-pay until before Auig. 28, when charges would start, to make certain I was not doubled-billed  (What?  You can’t design your system like other companies, who take from your balance and do not mindlessly and blindly charge twice.

July 28 came, and I find they SUSPENDED my account!!

So, besides the ultimately incompetency of 3 agents today of verifying what was RIGHT ON MY PAYMENT HISTORY of $15 a month every month I’ve been with T-Mobile, and insisted there were taxes of $1.41 per month.

I had to pay via credit card, which I agreed to $15, but then checked my account & my credit card, while on the phone with the agent who took the payment, and $16.41 was charged, NOT $15.

When I then looked at the website, it now states, plus taxes.

There are sick games played on the customer.  The agreement was that I would pay $15 total per month, and this amount would NOT change over time.

This type of business practice is beyond improper and is trickery.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That may be an E911 fee. Call Tmobile and ask.

Badge

It is NOT a 911 fee.  It is TAXES, which an agent is looking into for me, but with the horrid experiences I have had with this company, I’ll probably never receive a response.

Again, EVERY AGENT I spoke to prior to and after starting with T-Mobile prepaid told me $15 month will be the TOTAL charged, and no taxes or other fees will be added to the $15 plan, and THAT IS WHAT I AGREED TO, 

DON’T screw with customers and suddenly everything you’ve been told, and has been charged up until this last month, are, $15 total.  Any change in policy (there was none) the customer has to be notified of, or it is illegal and is fraud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What $15 prepaid plan do you have?

Badge

Go to:

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans/connect

Yes, in some places, there is “plus taxes and fees”.  But, they probably placed that in there after my calls to them, where, all of a sudden, agents starting saying there ARE taxes and fees.  This should be illegal.  When you sign up for a TOTAL of $15 per month, and have a history of every payment made was $15 total, this is fradulent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately tmobile can change the terms per their terms and conditions.

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help.

I suggest you buy a T-Mobile Prepaid Refill eCard (“airtime card”), and load that onto your account. Target right now is selling the $50 refills for $45 (10% off). After you load that balance on, T-Mobile will deduct exactly $15 from your $50 balance during your next monthly reset, leaving you with a $35 balance. https://www.target.com/p/t-mobile-50-prepaid-refill-card-email-delivery/-/A-52580765