Question

T-Mobile "Refer A Friend" seems like a scam!

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

So...I refer my aunt and uncle to T-Mobile. They activate two lines. But because my aunt and uncle didn’t take my referral code to the store with them, my referral is considered “invalid.” I call T-Mobile two separate times, and I’m given a $50.00 credit to my line. Fine, whatever. 

This isn’t what T-Mobile advertises, in fact, it’s downright false advertising. Requiring a “referral code” to be brought to the store is JUST ANOTHER HOOP T-Mobile has in place to prevent actually paying the money out in the form of a pre-paid MasterCard as T-Mobile claims to offer. I won’t be referring anyone else to T-Mobile until you guys FIX THIS ISSUE. Red tape and false promises are BS!

3 replies

YES.

I went to the Tmobile store and the representative said the lines needed to be activated first and then I can use the referral code to get the $50 credit for the three lines I referred.  Now post-activation and porting over of three lines Tmobile support says I should have provided the referral code before the purchase, porting, and activation!  I’m very unhappy about this and will go complain to the store representative.  Tmobile owes me $150 in gift cards -- this Refer a Friend Program is a scam!

I should cancel all four lines and move them to another company unless they fix this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If these lines are referrals how can you cancel the lines?

You’re right, I can’t cancel them, but I can tell my friends to port out of this stupid rip off of a company.