Question

T-Mobile why?

• 1 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I absolutely love T-Mobile, I have been with them for years and I work in an office of cinderblock and no windows, my colleagues always loss service, miss calls, miss messages. I have never experienced any of this with T-Mobile. T-Mobile also has amazing customer service! I wish that is where this email ended. 

ASSURANT!! Is the most unhelpful, rude, inexperienced, clueless group of people I have ever had to deal with! For those that do not know ASSURANT is the company T-Mobile and other providers deal with for replacing lost phones. If you have the 360 plan and lose your phone, God help you because nobody else will.    

Long story short. My GF lost her phone over the edge of a boat while on vacation, I immediately drove to my preferred T-Mobile store (GREAT PEOPLE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE). The manager of the store took the time to ensure we had the coverage, we did thank God, as it was an iPhone 15 max. He put my GF on the account as an authorized user and gave me the number for ASSURANT.   Great!….

Then I called ASSURANT and was unable to speak to anyone because and I quote. “Reaching customer service may be difficult, we do this to protect our employees.” Well, it was true it was impossible! My GF was able to reach an actual person, she told them what happened, they said no problem, she gave them a credit card for the 249.00 deductible, and then they said the phone would arrive the following day. Guess what. It didn't, we assumed that ok these things can take a while, so it came the next day right? Nope!

She reached out again and they said oh you need to send the front and back of ID, upload it and you will have it tomorrow. Do you think that happened? Nope! I was finally able to get someone on the phone, and was told her ID did not work because she was an authorized user, it had to be the account holder, great! I uploaded my ID and while frustrated, at least it was rectified. Phone will be there tomorrow! Great! Except it wasn't. GF called again and they said they did not realize I had uploaded my ID. She leaves Florida tomorrow, I bet the phone will arrive in Florida the day after. 

The most frustrating about all this is NOBODY from Assurant reached out to either one of us at anytime. Not through email, and they never called me. I am guessing if they did call it was to the phone at the bottom of the ocean, although the GF gave them an alternate number. 

The question is why T-Mobile would tarnish their solid reputation aligning themselves with this AWFUL company? 

If T-Mobile wasn’t so good, I would have left after this ridiculous, horrible, and mostly exhausting and frustrating experience, that is still on-going mind you!         

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Apple Care + would have been a better choice.  I know, hindsight is 20-20.  And it doesn’t help you now.  Maybe you can get it on the replacement.

Another option for your future consideration:  Self-insurance.  Save the money you would have spent on insurance just in case something happens - and be more careful with your things.  A used phone from Swappa or similar is a decent fall-back option.

Good luck sorting out your current issue.