Solved

Text/call forward

• 8 February 2019
  • 11 replies

Badge

MY phone screen cracked and it's going to be a week or 2 before I can replace it. I was wondering if there was a way to forward my text to my email or a different device and my phone calls to my work cell. Any way to do this? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by skymorena 9 February 2019, 14:14

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5

technically you need your phone so that you can forward calls to another phone number as I am not aware of any way to do that from a PC or Mac.

Text messages cannot be forwarded.

If you put your SIM into another T-Mobile (or unlocked) phone, you can place and receive texts and calls on that phone. You can also activate call forwarding to another line. While text forwarding exists in the GSM standards, AFAIK, no carrier anywhere in the world has ever implemented this feature.

If you don't have another phone to use and you are on postpaid then you can use DIGITS Web Client and log in with your T-Mobile ID. Receive and make calls/texts using other device. If you have a tablet/iPad you can also download the application available for Android or iOS.

Badge

This worked for me. Thank you!

Happy to help! 😊

is DIGITS available to pre-paid customers?

i dnt have access to any of the stuff yo memnionmed i have a prepaid phone that i want to forward to how od i do thar .  i dont have the phone

Badge

heads up t mobile is to dumb to even know how to even set it up . I called 5 times to have text forwarding they don't even know what it is. I only get people out of the usa . 🇺🇸 and fix your website it's been 7 years why have a website if you can't buy or change anything. t mobile also as the worst security. its so bad they can't even set up a website. because they get hacked. lol Verizon here I come.

heads up t mobile is to dumb to even know how to even set it up . I called 5 times to have text forwarding they don't even know what it is. I only get people out of the usa . 🇺🇸 and fix your website it's been 7 years why have a website if you can't buy or change anything. t mobile also as the worst security. its so bad they can't even set up a website. because they get hacked. lol Verizon here I come.

you have to specifically ask for digits, “yes I’d like to set up DIGITS so I can receive calls and text from (phone number) to my other line (phone number) both on my T-Mobile account”  

if you ask for text forwarding, yeah they’ll get confused, because text forwarding isn’t offered.
You know, and I know what you want, but you have to use the proper name.

ps

Verizon isn’t any better lol

You absolutely need your primary phone handy to use DIGITS. Although DIGITS is designed to free you from your phone, they require you to acknowledge a 2-factor auth code which is texted to your primary number. I think they dropped the ball on this. Google Voice does not require this.

Looks like I can do this only for the primary number.