Text messages are randomly delayed by up to a day

• 28 April 2020
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

I’ve been having the same issue for about a month to a month and a half… I’ve had the same phone since 2021(Note 10+). I need to upgrade anyways, so tomorrow I’ll be going in and changing out phones and requesting a new sim card. Hopefully they can transfer my old number to the new sim card. But this issue has made me miss ALOT of time sensitive messages. It’s mainly texts and calls it’s effecting. But I’ve tried everything even a factory reset with no luck.

I’m based in Hempfield with office in Lititz PA.

This has been getting worse over the last 2 months. The Lititz office is on wifi with excellent signal. BUT BUT   we’re not getting calls, or they’re delayed by hours up to 24hrs. Txt messages come through hours later.

We’re losing business because of this.
I’m signed up for the T-Mobile equipment / tower updates -- so any daily issue updates that I’m beginning to feel it’s time to find a more reliable carrier.

I was only having this issue with some websites that use text messages for two factor authentication. Messages would take ten minutes or longer.

Maybe it’s coincidence, but turning off LTE did make a message from okta show up in seconds.

I just started having this issue. My wife is also on TMO + Android but unaffected. The technique of disconnecting from LTE and switching to 3G worked immediately. Got a small flood of delayed group messages (which my wife had already received). Hope  this method also helps others. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

interesting. do they just up and come through or is it usually right after you make/receive a call that they all start coming through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i know there is a reset or refresh that can be done on your specific line internally on the TMO side but im not sure if the agents in here can do it or if you must call in to get it done..

these are only guesses as to what might fix it on your end.. its basically going to end up being either something with your account/line messing up a bit or your device..

out of curiosity...do you happen to know anyone else with TMO around you? and if so are they seeing the same thing or only you?

We’ve noticed the exact same issue since switching from Verizon.  It’s with single texts too...just most easily observed on group texts with spouse gets one and I don’t or vice versa. No issues with other apps like Facebook Messenger.  It’s T-Mobiles issue to fix (no way I’m bothering with the 3G trick periodically) - If they don’t fix it soon, it’s back to Verizon.  They’re pretty comparable now in price/value and missing texts (+plus more weak coverage spots) just isn’t worth the small $ difference.

After years as a relatively happy TMo customer, this started happening to me in the last month or so. Texts arrive in the middle of the night. Trying the 3G switch.

For what it’s worth, I’m also experiencing these same issue. Not receiving texts, and not receiving calls with no notifications about missed calls. I had the issue pretty consistently for about a month then T-Mobile said they resolved something on their end and it stopped happening, and now it’s happening again but much worse this time. I’ve missed significantly more calls and texts. I noticed an uptick in issues around 12/23 and it’s gotten worse since then. I’ve spoken to several different magenta team members and have not gotten any resolution yet. I’ve already started searching for a new plan on a new network. This is ridiculous.

Same issue. I cannot find any resolution. It’s been weeks / months

I think this T Mobile’s way of saying that it doesn’t need our business and by not responding to this thread is telling us to go to AT&T. 

Here is a link to AT & T’s website; https://www.att.com/ Their family plan is the SAME cost as T-Mobiles and you get much, much better coverage and customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Same issue. I cannot find any resolution. It’s been weeks / months

I think this T Mobile’s way of saying that it doesn’t need our business and by not responding to this thread is telling us to go to AT&T. 

Here is a link to AT & T’s website; https://www.att.com/ Their family plan is the SAME cost as T-Mobiles and you get much, much better coverage and customer service.

they dont respond to this thread because the site itself is peer to peer assistance..there are a few moderators and an admin that keep order in here but thats about it..need them to look into something you will need to call them or contact their T-Force team via Facebook or Twitter.