Text Messages that come delayed for up to 4 days or Not At all.

• 19 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi We have a Samsung A32 5g (pervious issued phone was an A22) and an Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. 

T-Mobile Corporate (CS) sent us to the store to get (free) new sim cards due to an ongoing issue with our phones due to the INABILITY to send and receive on time text messages since before Aug 2021,(when I had an A22)

• This is only with text messages. 
  • This happens when I have a good signal and a Wi-Fi connection in my house, but it has also happened when I'm out and have only cell signal with GREAT SIGNAL. 
  • We have tried it with other carriers with people, and it still doesn’t work all the time.
  • The usual phone troubleshooting steps (quitting the Messages application, restarting the phones, hard resets, brand new phones, even different messaging apps) do absolutely nothing. I should add FaceBook messenger works, but meh.
  • We checked the activity logs in our T-Mobile account, and the read, delivered, and sent, in the APP it self. which doesn't always work. It’s been confirmed many times now that T-Mobile sees the delays and missed messages. 

To fix this problem we got a free sim card at the store.

(we have done all the technical work with T-Mobile Tech Support at the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd tier Levels, AND having them E-mail the Engineers 2 times.) Which we NEVER received any information back about.  In fact they closed the trouble ticket and marked it as resolved! I had to ask about it. We are 16+ year customers and I am no longer recommending T-Mobile to our friends and Family.

UNFORTUNATLEY for them, T-Mobile’s Corporate Store tried to give him 3 different sim cards and after THEM calling corporate, it got the PHONE basically bricked, and unusable after TRYING too many times. Got him Flagged by the FRAUD DEPARTMENT. Told him he would have to wait an hour for it to come back to working. FOUR HOURS LATER, it's not working still. So on call to the Call to CS.

So I was on the phone with then for 1 hour and 56 mins to tell me the FRAUD department does ONLY emails and it would take 24-48 hours for them to get a response, for them to call me and TRUST that them after everything. There is no number and no transfer ability for customers or CS to call them. So no phone for 24-48 hours? After we have been taking our time patience, and gasoline to fix this issue. 

This is a Corporate Store that LET him leave the store without fixing their mistake. I will be filing a report on the store with T-Mobile, Because you let a customer leave without fixing his problem and making it worse. This should have been simple.
I should also mention he went back and forth to the store TWICE to resolve this issue. starting at 10am, on 3/19/22.

We do not feel we where given the attention, dedication, and service that we deserve as customers, let alone people.

This may end up with us ending our history with T-Mobile as Customers. 16 years of loyalty to end up this way.

8 replies

I’ve got the same problem too! 

Texts I send to my husband show up hours later. We are in the same house on the same wifi!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

connected to wifi but do you have wifi calling turned on?

and were these phones purchased from TMO or brought in as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?

fireguy_6364

Yes of course I have wifi turned on on the phone, otherwise my comment wouldn’t be meaningful.

Not talking about photos, just plain text messages sent when we are both in the house!  He works full time from home, so I sometimes text him to ask questions so as not to interrupt him.  He rarely gets them till hours later.  It’s ridiculous.

We are both using recent model Samsung phones.,  Mine is a T-Mobile branded Note 20 his is a less expensive T-Mobile branded model without a pen, but a recent Samsung.

Has anyone had this issue fixed? My phone started doing this too. My calling got horrible too. I got a new phone and Sim and did the smart switch. It was fine for a few days until today it started delaying text messages (nor receiving). I am thinking it has to do with an app that might be messing it up. I am going to try to remove the T-Mobile Digits App and see if that helps. I am thinking that is the culprit. Will advise in a couple days. In the mean time, I have to put my phone on airplane mode and then take it off. As soon as I do that, everything starts working again. I also feel like the resent update may have affected this because I have been fine for the past 2 years with the same phone A71 5G, same apps and only recently it started doing this.

Same issue everyday for weeks .. at 2am I received a dozen or so messages - it's super frustrating snd the people I am missing messages from are annoyed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Same issue everyday for weeks .. at 2am I received a dozen or so messages - it's super frustrating snd the people I am missing messages from are annoyed 

also a Samsung device? try using a different texting app and see if they start working again or not.

We had and continue to have the same issue. We went through all of the same frustrations. Endless hours on the phone with tech tier 1,2, and 3. Waited precious time at the store to pick up the new SIM cards. Fast forward, five months later- still having the exact same issues. I would switch carriers but still have balances on my equipment which is the ONLY reason why I’m still with T-Mobile. I have been with T- Mobile almost 5 years and it wasn’t like this before. We can barely use our T-Mobile internet when we go out- sometimes it gets so bad- we can’t even use our phone gps let alone check our text messages. We have 6 lines on our account. 4/6 are iPhone 14 and the other 2 are iPhone 11. I thought I was having these problems due to two phones not being 5G compatible but that’s not the case as the other phones are having the same issues. At this point we have no other choice but to put up with it until the rest of the phones balances are paid so that we can move on to another carrier. SMH

I “solved” this problem by restarting the phone (S21). This has been an annoyance because different sites send me codes to verify my identity (including this one) and I time out. I don’t know why re-booting has worked but that’s been my temporary fix. It ends up happening again in a few days--at least that’s been the pattern.