TMobile used to be great

Show first post

28 replies

The merger definitely hasn't caused many changes yet and certainly wouldn't cause the issues you're experiencing. We're still at the very beginning stages, so you have the same Team of Experts to talk to and are using the same towers. The biggest change is that we've lit up some new 5G towers in Philly. But we're working hard to ensure the T-Mobile values you've come to love don't get twisted during these tumultuous times. And to continue to build out our 5G network so we can provide the best possible coverage for all.

While we do our best to ensure everyone has the best coverage, there are things outside of T-Mobile's control that could be impacting your indoor signal; like the material the building is constructed from and other buildings blocking signal. That's a huge reason we were one of the first to offer Wi-Fi Calling; so you could get signal indoors over the internet even if you're in a bunker 30 ft below the surface of the earth 😊   But we are always looking for new locations for towers, especially because it's difficult to set them up between finding a usable location to getting approvals through local government. If you own real estate for T-Mobile to consider, I'd definitely recommend submitting a site for review.

I checked out Verizon's website and if you compare the unlimited data smartphone plans, T-Mobile's is less. And the only standalone 30 GB mobile hotspot plan I could find on Verizon's website was $10 per GB of data, which would be over $200 more than our largest 22 GB rate plan. Unless you're talking about their Connected Home plans, which would be more like T-Mobile's Home Internet that we're in the process of building out.

I'm sorry T-Mobile couldn't be the wireless solution you need and hope you're able to find what you deserve. But I definitely recommend giving us another look in a couple of years when your contract is up. We have a three year plan to continue building out our network and you may see some significant improvements. Although I always recommend taking the Free 30-Day Trial with Test Drive®️​ (when they're available again; they'er all with schools right now due to COVID). That way you can experience what the coverage is like and can make an informed decision.

I respectfully disagree as T-Mobile has become as horrible as Sprint was before they folded. Which is why everyone left Sprint. This is now a long experiment, T-Mobile coverage and service has really degraded the past 2 years.

I signed up in September of 2020.

Ported our numbers over from Verizon. Worst decision I've made for a while.

No service in my house. Walk 1000 ft in any direction and 5g works fine.

Bought 3 brand new phones and was supposed to get a great deal with discounts on them. Have only received half of what we should (reduction in monthly device payments). Outstanding balance doesn't reflect any discounts or the $1000 plus charge they put on my card without any itemized bill.  All 3 phones still say I owe more than I should after accounting only for the monthly payments.

I've spent over 40 hours on the phone (over wifi connection because my phone can't maintain audio connection in my house - cuts out for 30 seconds-2monutes very frequently. Usually is not working for 25% of a call) discussing issues with CSRs on the phone. They never follow through on anything. I felt like the luckiest person alive when 2 months after signing up they finally applied the insider discount code I had (I had to give it to them over 4 times and repeatedly call them to get it applied).

If you're thinking about switching to T-Mobile I have advice for you. DO NOT DO IT. They say you get what you pay for... you don't with T-mobile. I'd switch back to Verizon in a heartbeat if I didn't supposedly have over $3000 of outstanding devices payments. May have to look into getting a lawyer soon... not that it will help with anything related to tmobiles lack of service but might be able to get me out of paying more than I owe for the devices that don't work on their disfunctional network.

I know all cell phone companies suck, but this is far worse than I ever could have imagined.

I can use my phone in the breakfast area and the garage or connect to my house wifi to use on the rest of my property. This only started since Sprint. We actually have 7 devices  and they all have the same issues. Never mind once we leave from home. lol. Verizon is starting to look good again after 10 + years with T-Mobile. Maybe sprint was a poison pill by the other carriers to destroy T-Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

or the fact that millions of people just got dumped onto TMOs network as they merged and were able to use the TMO network now..