Question

Trade in bill credits CANCELLED?

• 4 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello! I had two voice lines that had a eligible trade in promotion to upgrade to Samsung S21 by trading old phone (S20 FE). The promotion was to get up to $800 trade in credit for certain devices… S20 FE being one of them. I verified with a customer rep via the tmobile expert hotline that I was eligible. I only had to pay off my existing EIP device (which I did) prior to signing up to the promotion. Some time later, I received the new phones, traded my old, and system receives and processed trade in credit and I received my credit. Then months later… the system REMOVED the bill credits. I’ve been with several “TMobile Experts” for months now, but everytime they tell me a different with a excuse because I honestly believe they’re looking for any way to justify the promotion removal. I am told “You had a previous EIP, so you cant stack” Not True… it was paid off. “Oh your lines are free. You cant stack” I checked and guess what, 2 of the 4 lines were free and it was exactly where the trade in phones were activated on. 

So here is my frustration:

1. Why did the customer rep review my account and say that I am eligible??? How can I trace this call back to prove that I was made an  incorrect promise? 
  2. Why would the system tell my that I am eligible and even give me bill credits for several months before removing?!?!?
  3. Why did the Trade In Accept anything before verifying????
  4. Now they TOOK my old phones and REMOVED my credit. T-Mobile has double dipped by removing the promotion and received a free phone. Best of all, their reps read me a terms and condition that I can’t have my old phone back and offered no other solution.

I’ve only been a customer for several months… but I have to fight for every promotion and tmobile backpedals on everything because all your promotions are convoluted. I’ve had multiple encounters for my first activation/sign up promotions which did get resolved… but was pulling teeth. All of these things… feel like T-Mobile is constantly doing BAIT AND SWITCH. Their customer representatives are courteous and nice and they try to help as much as they can… but your policies and the way you do business is shameful. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is a peer help forum with very little presence from T-Mobile.  From my understanding, promotions do not stack.  If you pay off an EIP, in almost all cases, those promotional credits for that EIP term stop when the EIP is complete.  Complete is whether you stretch it out the full 24 months or pay it off early.

Badge

Much appreciated! I understand this is just a generic help forum for users only and I suppose I am venting a bit here. I’ve seen quite a few other posts with odd practices and I guess I am adding to that list. Moral of the story here is to document document document. I still cant fathom why the reps checked for eligibility and agreed that I am eligible for the promotion. Also note that the EIP was fully paid off early.

Badge

I’m having a similar issue.   On July 13, 2021 I spoke to a T-Mobile rep and verified that my Galaxy S8 was eligable for a $500 trade-in toward a Galaxy S21 5G.   On July 19, 2021 I went online, purchased the phone (actually 4 of them - all the lines in my plan) and on each one received two confirmation emails saying that upon receipt of my working phone I was to receive a $15 trade in plus 24 monthly bill credits of $20.21, the total of which is $500.00.   When I saw my bill, it showed credits of $7.83 on each line which when added to the $15 comes out to $200.   After several phone calls I finally spoke to someone willing to listen and was told that my promotion did not exist on July 19, 2021 even though that’s what the website allowed me to do and the confirming emails verified.   She agreed to go back to the Promotions department and try to get my bills adjusted.   That was over 10 days ago.  I just heard back from them today saying that had not heard back from the promotions department.   I explained that if they didn’t fix it to my satisfaction I would be asking for my old phones back and cancelling the contract and switching carriers but so far nothing has changed.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?   I have always been happy with T-Mobile, both cell service and customer service.  I really don’t want to change but I will if this doesn’t work out!

I had similar issues that are ongoing. It doesn’t help that they upscale on every call. I was originally told I was eligible for $500 trade in credit on iPhone 7. Every call the reps try to upsell . Rep talked me into buy get one free iPhone 12 even though my wife was fine with her old phone. The rep never told me I couldn’t still trade in my old phone if I agreed to promotion. I even asked them several times after that I would be getting 24 bill credits for $500 total. The tool my trade in and said it was worth $0. I even questioned them and they said don’t worry you will get bill credits. They are bold face liars. Shame on you T-mobile I will have to take you to court. 

I am having trouble with a Samsung S21 promotion from February named 2021 Samsung Trade P3.  The promotion keeps falling off of the account with no clear explanation.  I have been able to work with support repeatedly to get it put back on however when the bill comes, the credit is not applied.  This has cost many long phone calls to support as well as the difference in payment in order to keep my account current.  If I miss my payment I end up losing the $10 autopay discount. 

Like MMalovany, I don’t want to switch carriers over a billing issue. 

And like Jay8228 I feel that same frustration.

So here is my frustration:

1. Why did the customer rep review my account and say that I am eligible??? How can I trace this call back to prove that I was made an  incorrect promise? 
  2. Why would the system tell my that I am eligible and even give me bill credits for several months before removing?!?!?
  3. Why did the Trade In Accept anything before verifying????
  4. Now they TOOK my old phones and REMOVED my credit. T-Mobile has double dipped by removing the promotion and received a free phone. Best of all, their reps read me a terms and condition that I can’t have my old phone back and offered no other solution.

I’ve only been a customer for several months… but I have to fight for every promotion and tmobile backpedals on everything because all your promotions are convoluted. I’ve had multiple encounters for my first activation/sign up promotions which did get resolved… but was pulling teeth. All of these things… feel like T-Mobile is constantly doing BAIT AND SWITCH. Their customer representatives are courteous and nice and they try to help as much as they can… but your policies and the way you do business is shameful. 

The same for me on upgrades done on S23 phone and Apple phone, my two lines on tmobile. Credits given ok for 5 months, then CUT OFF. My EIP was valid, and i had 19 more credits coming to reach a “zero cost” for the upgrade ie stay with tmobile for 2 years. Now they want the lease payment per month on EIP IN FULL, and do not give the credit montly or at all. So instead of a free 2 phones, they are now claiming 19 more payments that total out about $1800 over the lease. They flop around when called, but then say they will see i get my credits, and nothing happens as to being posted to my account. This has the look and feel of consummer fraud, or abuse. Add Elder Abuse to that as I am near 80. watch out, even if you get what looks like a firm agreement, seems tmobile will welch out on it. I’ll keep you updated on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you fully research the terms of your EIP?  Most EIP's from the past couple of years have some very strict conditions.  As an example, the terms for the s23's that have trade in credits over 24 months only apply if you carry that lease over 24 months.  Any payments made on the device will reduce that term and will eliminate credits for the term reduction.

My bills were auto pay and paid every month, with NONE late. This is white collar crime possibly. Call for the 5th time today, and rep said a ticket and call back were done by him. Plainly put, this is vaporphone credit activity. Can there be any doubt that this is intentional, to stop the credits. I would ask if there is ANYONE still getting the credit on their  billings. The rep just said it was a glitch mistake in the system, after reviewing my account and seeing that the credit was owned. And I ask, why does billing need to open a “ticket”. If they can see that the credits have not been given, why not fix it now on phone? So as of now, i will wait. I would think that the BBB and the Florida attorney general should be notified for me, and maybe i will. Maybe the AG of Florida can pop this cesspool, and see how many customers have had their money/credits stolen, and still going on.):

OH and YES, as of today, march 9, online on the tmobile site, they have the guts to still offer the same deal on their site. amazing, chutzpah.