Question

Trouble Returning Phone

• 29 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Has anyone had trouble returning their device to a store? I have been a tmobile customer for about 4-5 years and recently upgraded from the Galaxy Note 20 to the Flip 4. I was told at point of purchase through pre-order, as well as subsequent emails and texts, that I could return my old device to the store to get credit for the trade in or I could mail it in.

Since I have a store less than 2 miles away, I opted to just drop it off. When I spoke to the rep, she had no idea what I was talking about, told me she couldn’t do anything with my phone (even though it was purchased through tmobile…?) and gave me a box, bubble wrap, and a shipping label and told me to mail it myself. I have a hard time understanding how multiple communications stated I had two options only for an employee to tell me that is incorrect. Has anyone else experienced this? As a result, was your device received back late and did you have to do anything to correct the billing?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

IIRC all online trades have to mailed back to them. Was told that by reps when i thought about upgrading a phone online. Not sure why you were told otherwise.

I just had the same thing happen to me.  I went into a T-mobile store because the T-mobile website says to return the phone to the store.  But the person in the store said all they could do is print my shipping label and give me a box, but they would not be able to take the phone since I purchased online.  I told them what the website says but they said it was wrong.

So I sent my phone in by myself, and when I did, I sent it back in the original iphone box and packaged very securely.  I just got notification that when T-mobile received my phone, the warehouse claims it was damaged.  There is NO WAY.  It was in good condition, working, no screen issues...etc AND it was packaged in original iphone box that had bubble wrap around it inside another box!!!  The warehouse didn’t make any note that the packaging was damaged, so they just claim the phone was damaged and you can not question it… 

To top it off, when I called T-mobile support, they claimed that is why we need to return it to the store because the store is supposed to take the phone back, give instant credit and ship it back… BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT THE STORE SAID!!! When I explained what happened to customer support, they said the store was wrong and there is nothing I can do about it now.

They said they have no proof (no pictures or anything) that the phone was damaged.  They have no way to contact the warehouse, and they will not send my phone back to me, and then just gave me a lame $200 credit instead of the $800 in monthly credits they promised.  This is CRAP and such a SCAM.