Solved

Trying to purchase phone and receiving "We're sorry, this service isn't available right now" error

• 16 May 2020
  • 4 replies

I am attempting to purchase the Motorola Moto G7 Power phone from the T-Mobile website. It shows up as being in stock and available for purchase, but as soon as I go to the page while logged into my account, I receive an error message stating "We're sorry, this service isn't available right now. Please try again later."

When browsing to the page in an incognito browser window (and not logged into my account) it seems to let me proceed. But obviously I would like this phone to be connected to my account and current plan, so I need to be logged in for this transaction. What exactly is happening here? Is it some kind of internal server error? Or is my account just preventing me from upgrading my phone for some reason? For the record I currently have an HTC Desire 530 and the $30/month prepaid plan. Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by nimboo 16 May 2020, 21:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried a different browser, like Edge?  T-Mobile's sites haven't been friendly with a lot of Chrome based browsers over the past few months.  Edge is Chrome based now as well, which again makes it really unusual. 

I got that error for a while, yesterday. You might want to try again.

Thanks for the suggestion. Today I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge and unfortunately I still encounter the error in all of them.

I ended up messaging @TMobileHelp on Twitter and explained the issue. They were extremely helpful and managed to get the order placed for me. Shame we weren't able to just do it ourselves on the website, but I would definitely recommend contacting them through Twitter if you experience this issue in the future. They seemed really knowledgeable and friendly.