Question

Trying to upgrade, won't accept payment

• 16 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am trying to upgrade two phones on my plan. I went into the store and they told me if I did it online, I’d save money. I tried doing it on the app, didn’t work. I tried on my laptop several times and when I get to the payment part, it says We Couldn’t Process Your Payment.

I tried two different cards, one debit and one credit. Both have ample funds available. I cleared cookies and cache...no different.

I called and they wanted to charge me the activation fee. The rep said he would waive it, since it appeared to be the site. He went through the entire process only to get the SAME results. He told me to call my bank to see if I had enough money 🙄.

So I’m back to square one. Any advice?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Go to Best Buy. No extra fees when upgrading through them. I just did it at the end of May. They also had a cheaper deal on the phone than Tmobile.

Exact same issue on my end. It’s disheartening to hear calling didn’t solve the issue in any way, though I’ll probably end up trying calling them anyways.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Some banks block out of state transactions unless you request they don't.  This can be to protect customers against fraudulent transactions.  I would contact your bank and credit card provider and ask if that is what they are doing.  All online and over the phone transactions for T-Mobile are processed in the state of Washington.

Im having this issue seems Tmobile doesnt care… Seems theres no resolution… Their website is terrible mobile and desktop

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have no issues with the website.  I usually use Edge for banking, retail, and service logins though.  No issues with Firefox, WaterFox, or Brave either.  What browser are you using and do you have any ad, cookie, and script blockers enabled?

I have tried Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Chrome. I have adblock plus on just Chrome. Now I did select pick up in store and chose a store where there is no sales tax. I live couple states away. So, I am wondering if this is an issue with TMobile preventing out of state purchases.