Question

Unable to access T-Mobile web portal, unable to change password in app, unacceptable phone support wait times

• 19 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

So after the hack I’m obviously wanting to change my password. No such luck. Web portal access? “Looks like we got our wires crossed.” No access. Password change in iPhone app? “Request timeout.” Called customer service, chose Option 1 for a callback, only to be called back with horrible music playing and having me wait again. 

Does anyone have any idea how to get in touch with T-Mobile support or how to make their app work?

5 replies

Having the exact same issue! I requested a call back that will be at least 1.5 hours from now! Unbelievable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

There’s 100 million angry customers in line ahead of you. They can only expand CS capacity at a certain rate.

THEY’VE OBVIOUSLY SHUT OFF THE OPTION TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD WITHOUT ANY NOTICE

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

THEY’VE OBVIOUSLY SHUT OFF THE OPTION TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD WITHOUT ANY NOTICE

I think you’re correct. They are afraid that this information may have been compromised and they’ve locked down the system to prevent changes. I’ve heard about some customers (prepaid) being texted new PINs.

Changing the IP solves the issue temporarily. Can be done through VPN or modem reboot.