Solved

Unable to Set Primary Account Holder

I  switched to T-Mobile last year in November. I bought my phone outright and ported my number over. I have discounts available through my employer but had to wait 120 days before I could convert my account. Also had to wait to set up DIGITS so I could use cellular on my Apple Watch. No big deal. Maybe a month or a month and a half ago, I was finally able to set up the cellular feature for my watch and then I converted consumer account to an ANR (Dealer Account). When it converted I got a notification saying there is no assigned primary account holder. Mind you, I’m the only user in the account. I contacted support. They couldn’t seem to understand my issue and it wasn’t resolved. A few minutes after I ended that call. Another rep called and tried to assist me. They were able to verify I am the primary account holder. The notification went away after signed out, deleted the T-Mobile app, re-downloaded it and signed it. Fantastic. That was a week or two ago. Today, I was trying to price adding a cellular iPad to my plan. For starters, any time I want to buy a device it prompts me to call customer service. What is this, QVC in 2002? No. I’d like to buy a device online and pay whatever I have to pay and have it shipped to my home or pick it up in store. Besides, calling and ordering something comes with a $30 Service fee. When I tried to activate cellular service on my watch the first time they told me it would cost $50. I waited and got three months free. Anyway. I discovered a different web portal, manage.my.t-mobile.com. You can make changes to your account and ship through there as well. Well, when I try to shop, the first thing I see is ”only primary account holders can add a line”. Mind you, again, I’m the only person on this plan. On the normal site if you go to *Profile->Line Settings-> Permissions* you can select your primary account holder. But for me, that’s not option. I can only assume it’s because IM THE ONLY PERSON ON MY PLAN. i kept asking the support rep I spoke with if the issue has anything to do with the fact that I have a special dealer account. She neither confirmed or denied that. She passed me on to a technical support rep who submitted a ticket to engineering who I know I’ll never hear from. And I get it. These people helping you over the phone aren’t really trained to solve the issue. They just read a script. I work at Apple. I deal with the poor expectations they set with customers every day. What I think it boils down to, is T-Mobile needs to address their app and website. They are both terrible. Especially the app. You can’t do anything besides pay your bill honestly. If you want to add a line it prompts you to call customer support. If I do it on a computer, I’m not a primary account holder. Every time I log in, it resets the type of phone I have. I have a 128GB iPhone XR. Sometimes it says black. Sometimes it says blue. Sometimes it says white. So anyway, I’m gonna log in to Dealer account portal when I get to work tomorrow to see if there’s something I need to do there in order to add lines to my account and verify I’m the primary account holder. On the phone they said everything looks fine on their end. So I don’t know what’s real anymore. So sorry for the long schpeel. But I’m trying to be as descriptive as possible. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 29 April 2019, 18:10

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community! I am very sorry you are having issues getting that primary account holder to stick 😥 Part of me wonders if it has something to do with your account type. I know you said you had spoke with our support teams in the past and had a ticket filed for this. Unfortunately, here on a public forum, I am unable to see the details of this request. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would highly recommend using the link in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to see the status of this ticket and escalate it if need be. 

Awesome. I’ve wondered if it has to with the account type as well and I asked the two reps I spoke with over the phone. I have an ANR account through my employer and I’m sure there are limitations and/or regulations they have in order to keep people from abusing that discount

>

same issue. was it resolved?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there, do you have a regular account or is it set up through an employer?  Did you call in about the issue?  If you have a regular account, the account expert can set up the PAH for the T-Mobile.com access.

Thank you Shannon from t force on twitter resolved the issue

Sent from my iPhone

Hello everyone.

No, Magentatechie, they are not diligent solving those issues.

i have the same situation, We have Magenta for business plan, we have seven lines but T-mob send the bill information to one driver company phone.

We've called several times to fix the problem but, after holding you 40 minutes on the phone each time you and thinking that the problem is solved you realize that the problem remains the same at the bill date.

Have a nice day

Badge

Primary account holder fix for Dealer Accounts: Hope this helps: You have to send an email to:

belspecialaccount@t-mobilesupport.com

Put your name

Account number

phone number

email used to sign up for account

For dealer accounts, This is the way T-mobile verifies it is your account so you can be added as a primary account holder. 

Having the exact same issue with my Military Magenta Max account. Spent 2 hours on the phone for a measly $15 credit and a sorry we couldn't help. Now have a ticket open with the supposed engineering team. Have no permissions in the app or website. Insane that I am the only person on the account and this is an issue. Just switched to T-Mobile and already about to cancel.

Badge

Having the exact same issue with my Military Magenta Max account. Spent 2 hours on the phone for a measly $15 credit and a sorry we couldn't help. Now have a ticket open with the supposed engineering team. Have no permissions in the app or website. Insane that I am the only person on the account and this is an issue. Just switched to T-Mobile and already about to cancel.

The issue never was resolved. However, I found out from my manager that corporate accounts are discounted considerably and some of the additional offers don’t apply. We ended up paying for Netflix and haven’t had an issue with our service yet. Good luck.

Can some one at T-Mobile please help me with the pah issue everyone seems to have. I have a magenta business account. I have 12 lines and none of them are pah. As the business owner I need to add my number as the pah