Solved

Unable to submit rebate form for the COSTCOAPPLENOV promotion

• 23 November 2019
  • 9 replies

T-Mobile is running a promotion at Costco warehouses currently that gets you a rebate of up to 700 dollars with a new line and eligible trade-in devices.

I purchased an iPhone 11 yesterday and when I tried to do the rebate on tmobile.com/promotions, the website says:"The device IMEI entered is not eligible for this promotion, please re-enter or contact 1-877-470-3619 for details." I am positive that I entered the correct IMEI for iPhone 11. And apparently a bunch of other people are experiencing the same issue and are complaining on Costco Warehouse: Purchase iPhone 11 or XR (TMO) + Trade-In + New Line & Get - Page 61 - Slickdeals.net

It looks like T-Mobile didn't put certain colors of iPhone 11 into their database.

When is this going to be solved?? If it is more than a week, I would just cancel my service and return the phone. 700 is no small amount and it is just appalling that T-Mobile can commit this type of mistakes.

And a caution to people who want to take advantage of this deal: until somebody from T-Mobile says they will fix it, use your own caution, you have been warned.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 12 December 2019, 18:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

According to slickdeals.net, the purple iphone 11s are experiencing this issue because this is the stock missing from their database. Apparently, they are being added now with an ETA of 11/30.

I would call in just in case!

Where did you get the 11/30 ETA?

Everybody has got a different answer on Slickdeals. Answers range from 72 hours to 30 days. I think this is a good indication that the reps they talked to were pretty much just making things up on the fly. ( Or, some of them were just lying, which is even worse)

No one from Tmobile bothers to respond to this thread.

I have bought 2 iphone 11s - Black and Purple. I am not able to submit for both colors and getting same error. So this is happening irrespective of color. When I called T-Mobile customer care, the rep said they are aware of this issue and working to fix it, also we have time till Jan 2020 to submit this promo code and she just asked me to keep trying. I am not sure whether to believe her or not.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you given us a call recently? Our care folks may be able to help sort this out for you.

Userlevel 4

Just checking in.

This may be something you have to go to Costco for as they handle their rebates in house unlike most other rebates!

-Lauren

I have the same issue with T-mobile rebate.  The phone was a T-mobile black Iphone 11 bought at costco activated on T-mobile.

Purple Iphone 11 bought earlier didn't have that issue.  The black one kept on getting this "The device IMEI entered is not eligible for this promotion, please re-enter or contact 1-877-470-3619 for details."

The instruction said to enter rebate information on T-mobile rebate page, so it is not anything Costco can do about it.

I have same problem. Enter iPhone11 IMEI #, & system keeps telling me that I entered wrong IMEI#.

Did anyone have same issue?

Userlevel 3

For those still having issues submitting their rebate, I recommend contacting our Rebate Care group. Their number is 1-877-311-8853 and hours are 5 am - 9 pm PT.

I changed to T-Mobile last November due to the promise of two $300 Costco Shop Cards.  I have continued to get an error message when trying to retrieve them online.  When I contacted T-Mobile, I was told that Costco had to give them to me.  BTW, I could barely understand the woman…….No!  T-Mobile is the company that promised them to me…...I was then transferred to “guess who?”  Costco!  This is total BS!  I am now on the phone with the number given above and am getting the same song and dance I got yesterday.  OMG!  If I had known this was going to be a CF I would never have changed servers.  Thank goodness Costco is reputable.