Question

warranty exchange

• 3 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I recently updated my galaxy fold 3 (256gb) device to Android 12 and a few days in I noticed my phone was losing service anywhere I went since I'm always using my Spotify to listen to music. It didn't bother me at first since I was always at work and connected to wifi and then went home and was connected to wifi as well plus tmobile service in my house is pretty bad but I am a loyal customer for 17 years so it didn't bother because I know all companies have bad service in certain places.

Moving on my service has been dropping for about 3 weeks now and I figured it was about time to call and complain because I'm playing for a service I can't even right correctly and I have a 1 year old in daycare and I am missing their calls everytime. 

I went to a tmobile store(2/22/2022)

And talked to a representative and she gladly helped me no problem and explained the whole thing to her and we did troubleshooting and she even replaced my simcard to see if that was the problem and nothing she then told me I can call customer service and maybe they can help or they can call a bestbuy since Samsung is in bestbuy and they do do business with them and they could help so she then try to do the 611 code in my phone to call and still no service so she gave me the number to call.

I call customer service (2/27/2022) and they did the whole  troubleshooting then pull me thru to it and they reset my network and did a whole lot of other things they had to do before offering me a replacement device and they asked me what color green or silver due to the fact that my black zfold 3 was out of stock so I said green they put in the order and told me it will probably be ready in 5 to 7 day and I said they fine what's a few more days without service so they told me I would have to pay the 5 dollar fee for warranty exchange I said that was fine and the customer service representative said he was credit the account for the fee. 

I was on the phone was tmobile for nearly 2 hours by the way.

It is 3/1/2022 

I got a text saying my order is ready to pick up in store.

After work I drive to the tmobile store to do the exchange and the person helps me asked me what's wrong with the phone and I tell him the issue and that the phone was delivered and then he started working on the tablet they use and charge me the 5 dollars and I gladly paid because I really wanted my service back then he went to the back and comes out with a box cuts the tape off and I see him pull out the phone and I'm holding my 1 year old trying to get him settled and I just happen to turn and see the color of the device and it is silver and I said wait before you move any further what color is that phone and he showed me the color and I said that isn't the color I ordered and he then stated  that I have to take this phone and I have no choice and they shouldn't have asked me what color I wanted and I just said stop and give me my phone back and then he then stated that he can't do that and that my black zfold3 is his now and he has to take it and I have to take the silver zfold3 I have no choice. I stated I've been with tmobile for 17 years and I've never been treated this why and I've had plenty of device exchanges before.

As he began to start the smart switch he walked away and another representative approached me as ask if I was good and had then stated I was til about a few minutes ago and he said he was sorry and if their was anything he could do and I said I don't think so if you're going to tell me the same thing he has ask and then I had asked for this representatives card since they were different cards on the desk. I sat thru the whole smart switch and about 30 minutes later it was done he then came back and handed me the phone and said it's all done bro and that was it no paper work no nothing and as walked away to help another customer.

I was in the store for about an 1 hour.

I get home to call customer service and tell them exactly what happen and they the Apologies for the inconvenience since he was rude about the whole issue.

The representative on the phone about 1 hour in then told me they would said a new device to a store of my choosing and I gave a store. 

I give the iemi number to the device they replaced my black zfold3 and the sent me a text message confirming the new order in for a green zfold3 after I got off the phone 

1 hour with them on the phone.

The order then said for 128 green zfold3 and I already knew I was going to have to call again but I said I would do it tomorrow since it was already late.

So 3/2/2022

So today got a message about the phone order being canceled.

Got off of work to call and they canceled the order due to the fact that the representative placed the order under the wrong phone number **64 and it was supposed to be under **86 number.

After talking to supervisor they had said whatever phone I get is the phone I get no matter the gbs I paid for and what color.

I had the told them about the tmobile store representative that had said that tmobile can set me up appointment to go to bestbuy to see what they can do and they stated we don't do that.

They said they will follow up on Friday about my phone because in the system it is showing I have no phone at all.

So the thing is why do people order certain phone colors if they can't get that phone back or what they pay for because gigs are a big difference in price when you're buying a phone.

And I always said what's the point since people buy phone cases and they cover up the color of the phone on the back well not me I always use clear cases and it does matter to me.

Why do I have to suffer because of an update that went out and basically bricked my phone.

And what happens when I get a new device and update the phone will this issue happen again and will I have to go thru this headache again

I just want my black zfold3 back or the green I can't deal with this phantom silver it looks rose gold

2 replies

Thank you so much for this post. I'm going through the exact same situation. I was told to go to a Tmobile and swap the incorrect Black phone for a Silver Samsung. Come to find out they don't so such a thing and Galaxy S21 Ultra is no longer in stock at any Tmobile stores in Los Angeles. This is a huge inconvenience, waste of money, time and effort. The phone insurance is a complete joke! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The phone insurance is a complete joke! 

Yes it is and that's why I never bothered with any carrier insurance .