Solved

We can’t add a phone to your plan online alert

I went to www.tmobile.com and I logged in successfully. From there I navigated to https://my.t-mobile.com/purchase/device-intent  and that’s when I was told that I could not add a line to my account online and I needed to contact customer service. Attached screenshot.

I‘m a new customer. It’s probably been at least 2 weeks since I joined and I already paid my first bill successfully online. I came over from Verizon and brought over my iPhone & Apple Watch. The retail store was nice enough to get me setup with new eSims so my watch and iPhone worked and I kept my same number and it ported over successfully.

Prior to going to the store (few days prior) I had gone to Tmobile website and ordered a SIM card and told the website I was bringing over my own device and number. I meant to choose: visit store, but ended up choosing the mail me a SIM option, which took a little over a week to arrive via mail, so that’s why I opted to visit a store instead to expedite the process of moving over to T-Mobile.

Any idea why I’m not able to buy a new Phone? Or bring a phone? Or even add a tablet online? The only thing it will let me do is buy a new watch.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ekim99000 1 June 2020, 20:51

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I don't see any issues we're tracking right now. What happens if you try to use the T-Mobile app to add a line, do you get the same error?

The app gives me a longer error. I spoke to T-Mobile Support last night and we had issues changing my PIN we eventually got it fixed but they experienced issues with finding my info such as my email even though on my end I see it on my profile.

ngSorry, we're unable to process this request online as additional changes may be required for your account. Not to worry, one of our Experts will be happy to help. To complete this request, please contact Customer Care by calling 1-800-937-8997, or by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Yea, if there was something wrong in the account setup you would have had to call us to get that resolved. We don't have access to your account to see what's going on or make changes. But I'm glad you were able to get it fixed with our Experts!

It's a scam they've literally had for years. They make you call an expert and then charge you a 30$ fee for so.wthing you're supposed to be able to do easily on the app or the website. You call them and they pretend like you're the first person to have the issue when there's thousands of views and posts online about it.

Was just quoted 70.00

I’m getting the same error . I can’t purchased anything online , this is crazy . Why does this happen

I’m getting the same thing, I just assumed it was because I only have a mobile hotspot with them and getting credit for a phone would take more information then I remembered when I bought the hotspot and ran my social they were gonna let me have the phone(s22 ultra) and the hotspot all on credit. I decided not buy the phone on impulse and bought my hotspot outright. Reading about the fee makes more sense and they don’t even try and hide it on my screen at the top it even says wtf is going on: GREED wins again...

“Add a new device online and save yourself the $35 fee charged in stores/on the phone.”

Same issue

I get the same error trying to add a new line. And well I have phone anxiety, which means making me call in to add a line results in me not added a line. I'm actually about to transfer my service elsewhere just so I can get a line added without making any calls. It's a shame because I have a family of 5 that all wants a phone on my tmobile account, so instead gaining 4 new customers they are going to lose one. 

@SammieAnn I have the same issue with phones.  If you have a physician/therapist/etc that has documented this, you can make a 'reasonable request for accomodation' under the ADA and they can't refuse to accommodate you.  They can't charge you either.  Anyone coming across this post, please be aware that I am not an attorney and anything I write shall not be construed as legal advice.  Contact an attorney if you have any legal questions.  As a disabled American myself, based on personal experience, this has worked for me in the past.  Be ready to provide documentation on request, but in my experience, if the request is reasonable and doesn't cause a significant hardship, legitimate businesses usually comply without issue.  Gl.