Solved

What does it mean if a phone is not blocked?

• 19 October 2019
  • 5 replies

I checked the imei with tmobile for my phone and it says its not blocked. Does that mean that its unlocked and can be used with any carrier? I'm confused because I still have tmobile messages and apps still on my phone.

icon

Best answer by stevetjr 19 October 2019, 02:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Blocked is blacklisted which is what happens when a phone is reported stolen, lost, etc.  A phone on an installment plan that is not paid off and customer not paying anymore will also get blacklisted.

SIM (Carrier) unlocked is completely different and that won't show on that website.  If you haven't unlocked it the fastest way is find a friend on a different carrier and pop their SIM in, it will be obvious pretty quick if it isn't unlocked.

They blocked my husband’s phone for no valid reason! It wasn’t stolen or lost and the bill was auto paid! It has been 3 days talking to 7 different people to tell me they are so sorry but it doesn’t get fixed! They don’t know how it was blocked in the first place and “are investigating” it but it means he is without a phone with no correction in sight!! I changed from Verizon to T Mobile in March - paid cash for two Galaxy s22’s and now I can’t even move back to Verizon until the phone is unblocked. If this is an example of T Mobile’s customer service it stinks! There must be someone who can enter the IMEI number into the system to unblock it!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

oh there is..however they still must try and figure out why it ended up blocked in the first place..they wont just up and unblock it until they fully make sure it was an error on their side and not that it was reported stolen and youre pretending to be the owner.

if you have another phone laying around you can try tossing his sim card into it and see if it starts working..if it works then at least he’s back up and able to use a phone until they get the other one figured out.

I already proved I was the owner,  that the phone was on stolen or lost and that the bill is paid and they told me someone did it by mistake and it would be fixed in 4 - 6 hours and that was 2 days ago.  I don’t care who entered the number incorrectly I just want it fixed, they can investigate to find out what happened after they turn it back on. We are paying for a service we can’t use, on a new phone we paid them cash for!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then contact them again. you might opt to try contacting them through either Facebook or Twitter..higher tier support starting off not to mention theres a message trail