Solved

What happens if I don't return my device through the JUMP! benefit?

• 27 May 2020
  • 6 replies

I got a new phone through the JUMP! benefit and have to send my old phone back. What happens if I don't return it?

Due to me not having a printer and COVID-19 (meaning I can't go to a store where I can print the label), I won't be able to return my device on time.

What happens if I either don't return the device, or return the device late? Will I get charged a fee or something? And if so, how much?

I'll be able to print out a label for the device once I return to work and can go to the post office then to drop off the phone, but I don't think the device will reach the warehouse by the date they want me to return it by.

Thanks in advance for any help.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 28 May 2020, 00:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You will be charged the remaining balance owed on the device.  Alternatively, you could take it in to a T-Mobile Store and have them send it in for you so you don't miss the cutoff for it to be returned.

I'd be charged for the remaining balance on the old device?

I was thinking about possibly taking it into a store if any nearby stores are open, as another option.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, you would be charged the remaining balance on the device you were supposed to turn in, if you don't turn it in.

I bought my phone . I didn't do JUMP!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I bought my phone . I didn't do JUMP!!!

You can keep the phone.

What happens if I do a trade in and don’t return my phone when my new ones arrives? The one I have now is already paid off.