Question

what is bar data add on ????

• 9 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

so I would like to know what the Bar Data MI add on function is 

8 replies

I think it's the data for the smartwatches but I'd like to know as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you have a data only device?

I would also like to know what this add-on is. I can't believe they haven't answered your question yet. Why would they have an add-on which offers no explanation in addition to making no sense? T-Mobile does some weird stuff.

So I called customer service and they explained that it is for making it a data only device no phone calls or texting to or from the device. Is what was explained to me.

I received this response and am still confused

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile, answer the question in a meaningful way, explain what it is, that's different from what it does. I'm starting to regret doing business with you.

I already have a mobile data only tablet with T-Mobile and I can connect to the network with 5g but this option has literally taken away my mobile data... What's the point in an option like this? Why would I ever want to pay money for something just to take it away... Can't get a hold of anyone on their 24/7 chat either.... 

I accidentally turned on this feature a few weeks ago. My internet suddenly stopped working. When i try to turn the feature off there is no way of doing so.. On the App OR the website. When i reached into customer support and told them about the situation. They asked my why i would like to turn off the feature. They didn’t want to turn it off. When I asked them to explain what he feature did they didn’t answer but asked me to do some trouble shooting with my iPad. I honestly wish i was making this up. 3 weeks later I found out the feature BLOCK all data usage. This is the only thing I pay for service with my iPad for. I kind of understand why you might want the option to do this but the fact that you can’t turn it off with out calling in is absolutely absurd.Especially since the first time i did it they didn’t want to help me with this at all. I am extremely frustrated.