Question

What is the Magenta Max switch $200/line promo code?

• 27 October 2022
  • 15 replies

Badge

I’m new to T-Mobile and the help line (outside the US) was not helpful :( I’m looking for the promo code to start the $200/line rebate via promotions.t-mobile.com. I switched over 5 lines from AT&T.

I never received an email or any information on the process...looked everywhere...please help - thanks!

15 replies

Seems to be a neat trick they use to reel you in, and not expect you to remember.  I was promised same thing Saturday night, $200 per line, just go to promotions.t-mobile.com after the line switch was done.  The guy never gave me the required promotion code.  WTH.  On the phone with them now, they seem oblivious to how such a thing could happen.  Promotion?  What promotion?  Oh, I have to check on that...listening to Queen’s Crazy little thing called love while we wait, so that’s not so bad.  Crazy little thing called bait and switch.

Badge

I spoke to a store sales rep...after a little searching they found it...2022SWITCHP8 worked for me :)

Is this $200 credit combinable with the device payoff credit when coming from another carrier with an active device payment plan? The sales rep told me I would get both credits but I just received a call from the rebates team telling me that you can only get one or the other. I feel this is dishonest and I should get what was promised.

2022SWITCHP9

It’s listed on the https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/promotionaloffers page under Rebate promotions.

“just says may not be combine with some offers or discounts” - quite vague 

i got the same problem i was at&t user and when i changed to timobile the manager promise me 200$ for each line i brought 5 lines like 1000$ 5x 200$ master card gift card, but after the maximo time like 6 weeks and nothing i went to ask about it and the answer me its because used itin number, but he doesnt asked me what number i use to pay max tax is itin number or social, and i opened a bussines account i dont used itin number, i thought its a fake promotion and ill post many bad review and feedback about it where i can do that because its i fake promotion nobody get this gift cards

Is this $200 credit combinable with the device payoff credit when coming from another carrier with an active device payment plan? The sales rep told me I would get both credits but I just received a call from the rebates team telling me that you can only get one or the other. I feel this is dishonest and I should get what was promised.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? It is happening to me now as well.  I have the papers saying I get it and they are still denying it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if its for last year then the promo code has been posted in here 3 times. one included a link to get to their promotions page.

Same was promised to me and I was very upset about it. 

Same rebate was offered to me and I am unable to sign up for it with the code they provided.

Any luck with this? I was told I’d just automatically get the TWO $200 Visa/MCs. They never once mentioned that I’d need to go to a rebate site and sign up for them. No information about codes or a website was provided to me, so I’ve been waiting for them. Now they’re telling me that it’s expired and tough luck! I’m so frustrated. That’s $400 and it’s a big deal! 

having the same issues.  I was able to submit with the 2023 switchp8 and got a submission code for each but I keep calling to ask about status and nobody knows anything.  It’s very frustrating!  

I switched to T-Mobile in mid September 2023. So a few weeks ago. It took 3-4 days to get the codes for my 3 lines that I switched over to T-Mobile. They told me that I would get a virtual prepaid master card and I would get $200 per line switched. So I should be receiving $600. I wouldn't think that it should take this long to get the rebates. I mean they were quick to take my money and hook me up with a phone so why not be that way with your promo that you've promised me and other people. I called last week and the customer service rep said it could take up to 8 weeks. It better not. 

It IS a bait and switch. I switched 3 lines from Verizon to Tmobile and was TOLD about the promotion - a big factor in my decision. I waited patiently for the $600 I was promised. I was NEVER told I had to fill out a form within 30 days to get the promotion. Finally I call and get the run around like others here. If I dont get the promotion I will be back and will start collecting info from each of you - this is class action stuff - they can’t just keep doing this and get away with it.

Ok so I ended up getting my rebates. I was told over and over again that I would be able to use the rebates anywhere of my choosing. However when I received the three $200 cards I was not able to use them anywhere at all. I tried to purchase a better unlocked phone through Amazon, it didn't work. I tried using them in a T-Mobile store, one T-Mobile store said that they do not except those Virtual T-Mobile prepaid cards at all, the other T-Mobile store couldn't figure out how to do those kinds of transactions. So ultimately the only way I was able to use the $600 in rebates was to put it all on my bill account. It's pathetic that they lie to potential customers like that. It's definitely bait for potential customers to switch them when you do switch you're screwed. They think that you'll just roll over and take their abuse. Well T-Mobile. I'm going to keep their service as I have my home Internet and cell plan through them now but I'm not buying physical phones through them, I'll order those from Amazon and pay in full. Because looking at these T-Mobile leases for these three phones I'm paying $125 over retail for each one. T-Mobile lies their about everything. I do not recommend T-Mobile to anyone.