Solved

What's the difference between the Simple Choice plan and Simple Choice North America?

• 2 December 2015
  • 8 replies

What's the difference between the Simple Choice plan and Simple Choice North America?

icon

Best answer by miket 11 December 2015, 05:50

View original

8 replies

So, below is what the website has, I currently have the Simple Choice Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text.   Obviously, I see the Mexico & Canada coverage and the 2GB of Data versus 1 GB, but the North AMerican Plan says 120+ countries while the my current plan says 140+ .....what are the 20 countries left out?   I travel a lot internationally, so it matters to me!   Also, my plan states $.20/minute while the other says nothing?

Simple Choice North America Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text   $50.00

This plan includes:
    • Unlimited talk, text and data while on our network with no overages or annual service contracts.
    • NOW! Includes unlimited calling to any number in Mexico and Canada from the U.S. PLUS get 4G LTE data and unlimited calling and texting when you’re in Mexico and Canada, just like in the U.S., at no extra charge.
    • Starting with up to 2GB 4G LTE data per month. Your choice of additional 4G LTE data.
    • Unlimited data and texting when you travel to any of 120+ countries and destinations so you can stay connected when you’re abroad.
    • Includes Binge On optimized video streaming that saves your data.
    • Music Freedom™ with unlimited music streaming on our network from top services such as Pandora and iHeart Radio without using your data.
    • Coverage not available in some areas.
More details

Simple Choice Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text   Currently active $50.00
This plan includes:
    • No annual service contracts.
    • Your choice of additional high-speed 4G LTE data.
    • Unlimited talk, text & data while on our network with no overages. Ever.
    • Unlimited international data and text while roaming in 140+ countries and destinations and calls are just $0.20 per minute.
    • Unlimited streaming from great services like Pandora and iHeartRadio that doesn’t count against your 4G LTE data included at no extra charge with a Simple Choice Plan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This could depend on when you started your Simple Choice plan. There's a small paragraph that explains the differences with the Simple Choice plans based on when a customer signed up on our Simple Choice Plan page.

If you have questions about exactly when you started service, you can Community-2153 and speak with customer care.

Userlevel 2

Simple Choice North America has:

NOW! Includes unlimited calling to any number in Mexico and Canada from the U.S. PLUS get 4G LTE data and unlimited calling and texting when you’re in Mexico and Canada, just like in the U.S., at no extra charge.

The other Simple Choice plans do not.

Userlevel 2

There have been several changes in the last few months:

The number of countries has been increasing.  Several were added just in Sept.  (One was Monenegro 7 days after we were there and spent about $15 for a 4 minute call.)  Maybe some of the various subsidiary mentions of the total countries hasn't been changed.

Basic hi-speed data incl. has doubled from 1G to 2G.

For some dumb reason, if you are on plan that was established more than a few weeks ago -- you have to contact CS and ask them to add "NA Plan".   NO price change.  Those on the regular post paid Simple Plan have always had intl. roaming to 120 (now 140) countries included.

What is confusing is - TM uses the same names to describe different plans.  They call various pre-paid plans "Simple".

The basic plan costs $50+$30+10+10 is you have 4 lines and now includes all I mentioned above.

Userlevel 4

‌I had a similar issue a couple of years ago when the Simple Choice North American Plan sprung up.... i was on the Simple Choice Plan and I was thinking adding the new Simple Choice North American Plan to my account was the best thing.... Having the updated T-Mobile Plan I thought was the best thing to get, I was wrong (in my case). Because when i clicked on the button to add the  Simple Choice North American Plan, the system was preparing to remove me from my previous plan (PLAN CHANGE) in which unfortunately would remove my Family Stateside International Plan that allows all of the voice lines on my account to have the ability to call internationally for only $10 per month. So if i had made the change and if i had wanted the International Calling Feature under the new Simple Choice North American Plan, i would then have to pay $15 per voice line as opposed to $10 for all voice lines. It was a no brainer to stick with what i had. 😎 And currently i have 5 voice lines all with the ability to call international for only $10 per month vs paying $75 dollars a month ($15 each per line) Im not a genius but im also no dummy lol

Userlevel 2

Good thinking and attention to detail on your part. Too many people jump ship to a new plan that sounds good only to regret it later. I always say that if your current plan is working for you, stick with it, unless you know exactly what your new plan entails and are absolutely sure that it will work better for you.

‌I had a similar issue a couple of years ago when the Simple Choice North American Plan sprung up.... i was on the Simple Choice Plan and I was thinking adding the new Simple Choice North American Plan to my account was the best thing.... Having the updated T-Mobile Plan I thought was the best thing to get, I was wrong (in my case). Because when i clicked on the button to add the  Simple Choice North American Plan, the system was preparing to remove me from my previous plan (PLAN CHANGE) in which unfortunately would remove my Family Stateside International Plan that allows all of the voice lines on my account to have the ability to call internationally for only $10 per month. So if i had made the change and if i had wanted the International Calling Feature under the new Simple Choice North American Plan, i would then have to pay $15 per voice line as opposed to $10 for all voice lines. It was a no brainer to stick with what i had. 😎 And currently i have 5 voice lines all with the ability to call international for only $10 per month vs paying $75 dollars a month ($15 each per line) Im not a genius but im also no dummy lol

I am with you too!  I have the grandfather plan, and if you change to ANY plan, you will LOSE your Family Stateside International Plan at $10/mo for the account, and will be billed for the new plan that you select at $15/line, and NOT per account.  I have had my grandfather plan since 2014 and ain’t letting it go for nothing!  

I am on same grandfathered plan and its the lowest with international calling  at only 10 per month for all three lines .   Found that calls from Canada to USA is charged which I thought would be free.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/mobile-without-borders#heading4  says its free for most plans but seems not free for the old “simple Choice” plan